Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    It's a 100% damage increase for 5 SP with a simple button press. S-Roll JA Bonus is all about being overpowered as hell.
    To be fair, it's more like 9 sp for 100%

That's a difference of 20% per SP versus 11.111¯%, which is a lot more balanced. That's 80% less damage per SP, and is significantly closer to any given hunter skill's damage:SP efficiency.

Honestly my real gripe with sroll is getting 14 PP back every single sroll with the shots you fire, not the damage bonus. I'm fine with the damage bonus, but cutting most attacks' PP costs by more than a third, and in one case by nearly three quarters, is daft as shit.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

They need to accomplish intra-class balance as well. When I see anybody using Gizan seriously while they have the option to use Gifoie or Ilmegid or anything else, really, then we'll talk.

Seriously. If each class having one OP skill/PA is considered balance, then it's honestly worth jackshit. I'll give them credit for making Ranger more playable in a general sense, but the current Il Megid situation is just a travesty all around.

Traps, Stun Grenades, and pretty much the entire right side of the Ranger skill tree are still useless, so I'd hardly say that Ranger is "balanced." If they give us a reason to use anything besides Weak Bullet, THEN we'll be getting somewhere.
    When was the start of all this?
    When did the cogs of fate begin to turn?

Perhaps it is impossible to grasp that answer now,
    From deep within the flow of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Dreamer View Post
    Traps, Stun Grenades, and pretty much the entire right side of the Ranger skill tree are still useless, so I'd hardly say that Ranger is "balanced." If they give us a reason to use anything besides Weak Bullet, THEN we'll be getting somewhere.
    Almost every class has that problem.

Hunters don't go down the tank path (which is about 2/3rds of their tree)
    Fighters don't use the deadline/halfline/crazy slayer stuff.
    Rangers have the useless traps and launcher skills
    Unless you're using a crafted weapon, the entire showtime tree for Gunner is crap.
    Unless you're using a Motav's Prophecy, Photon Flare/Ignition tree is crap.

Only Braver and, ironically, Techer don't have this problem of useless crap skill tree lines.

Quote Originally Posted by KatsuraJun View Post
    Almost every class has that problemkHunters don't go down the tank path (which is about 2/3rds of their tree)
    Fighters don't use the deadline/halfline/crazy slayer stuff.
    Rangers have the useless traps and launcher skills
    Unless you're using a crafted weapon, the entire showtime tree for Gunner is crap.
    Unless you're using a Motav's Prophecy, Photon Flare/Ignition tree is crap.

Only Braver and, ironically, Techer don't have this problem of useless crap skill tree lines.
    You're wrong about the Fighter bit, I can dig up 3 Japanese players with that build that have posted a video in the last WEEK

【PSO2】 SH スノウバンサー&スノウバンシー 【ソード】 http://nico.ms/sm23527559 #nicoid #sm23527559
    【PSO2】 始末屋による、SH ノーヴ・リンガダール 【ツインダガー】 http://nico.ms/sm23536180 #nicoid #sm23536180
    【PSO2】 始末屋による、SH クォーツ・ドラゴン 【ツインダガー】 http://nico.ms/sm23541873 #nicoid #sm23541873

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    They need to accomplish intra-class balance as well. When I see anybody using Gizan seriously while they have the option to use Gifoie or Ilmegid or anything else, really, then we'll talk.
    THIS.

I don't freakin' care if the classes are "balanced" if they are "balanced" purely on the strength of one or two PAs (versus the ENTIRE library of PAs being completely useless). It's ridiculous.

It's just gross how bad it's gotten that we're actually praising them for making things slightly less terrible. Unbelievable, man. How about we actually FIX this shit instead of constantly putting bandaids over gaping holes, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    THIS.

I don't freakin' care if the classes are "balanced" if they are "balanced" purely on the strength of one or two PAs (versus the ENTIRE library of PAs being completely useless). It's ridiculous.

It's just gross how bad it's gotten that we're actually praising them for making things slightly less terrible. Unbelievable, man. How about we actually FIX this shit instead of constantly putting bandaids over gaping holes, eh?
    Not working with bandaids? Need more bandaids then.

I'm hoping the 1 or 2 OP PAs and Techs are just there to test the waters. Once interclass balancing is accomplished, they'll then make changes to the rest of the PAs to match the OP PAs. Seems fine to me. I mean, that way they're doing this in manageable portions.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Crow View Post
    You're wrong about the Fighter bit, I can dig up 3 Japanese players with that build that have posted a video in the last WEEK

【PSO2】 SH スノウバンサー&スノウバンシー 【ソード】 http://nico.ms/sm23527559 #nicoid #sm23527559
    【PSO2】 始末屋による、SH ノーヴ・リンガダール 【ツインダガー】 http://nico.ms/sm23536180 #nicoid #sm23536180
    【PSO2】 始末屋による、SH クォーツ・ドラゴン 【ツインダガー】 http://nico.ms/sm23541873 #nicoid #sm23541873
    Yes, and we have an entire topic dedicated to tank hunter builds in our guides section.

Just because some people use it doesn't mean it's not outclassed, situational, or impractical.

Quote Originally Posted by KatsuraJun View Post
    Excuse me? Techer's tree is a goddamn mess.