View Poll Results: All for one, or one for all?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • All for one!

20 30.30%
  • One for all!

12 18.18%
  • Eh, whatever I feel like doing with that character.

34 51.52%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Default Character classes: All for one, or one for all?

We all know about how your character can do any class at any time. However, I'm curious to see if you all consider this when creating a character. Do you have a specific class in mind for that character, or do you plan to have them do everything?

I try to stick to a specific class for each character. It doesn't match with my character to move from casting Techniques to swinging a giant sword around.

I usually select what classes I want my characters to focus on before I make them. I choose the classes I want by finding a Mag I like (I'm not a fan of any of the Mag cells except Sato as I like my Mags changing colour). Not the best way but I just play for fun really. I still level up the other classes when I feel like using them but want to stick with my current character.

All of my characters are split based on their focus.

Teranu is striking, hence Hu/Fi/Br.
    Aiza is technique, hence Fo/Te.
    Liza is ranged, hence Gu/Ra/Br (maybe in the future, if I ever start caring about bows)

I don't ever let them deviate from this. No Ra/Hu, no Fo/Fi, none of that.

All for one - All classes for one...?
    One for all - One player for all classes...?

My main is all-class. If she weren't, it would suck if I got 12* weapons I don't need.

Subsequent characters will be specialized based on what's OP.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

I feel the same as has been mentioned. Each of my characters has a general theme behind their combat, and short of leveling subclasses, doesn't deviate from it. Cherise shoots things, Vivica punches things and Johann sets them on fire. Or, these days, gropes them with a magic ghost hand.

I personally just pick one stat focus for my characters. My cast is only melee/ranged because I decided I didn't want to level melee subs on my ranged character, and my dewman is allclass because I really wanted to shift from multiple characters to just one, but I got lazy levelling him and decided it would be a shame to ditch old characters. (´・ω・`)

My human focuses on being a tanky support and tech damage, so I'm focussing HU, TE and FO as his main class. CAST is shooting damqge, so RA and GU. And Dewman is just BR, but I might level FI for her as well.

Main does everything
    Alt is FO/TE

Though I'm at that awkward moment right now where everything on my main is capped except FO/TE so I have to consider how to divvy up equipment. Starting to feel the desire to just forgo FO and TE entirely on my main (he's a cast anyway) from here on.

I only have one human(average)-female character that does everything from melee to range... whatever. I like to have all my resources focused on one character, plus, I don't want to go through the hassle of leveling up a different character and doing MB's all over again for campaign/arks bingo stuff... I guess for me it's just too tedious, even though I understand that you'll have more chances at getting that 12* weapon.
    Last edited by Evangelion X.XX; May 17, 2014 at 05:17 PM.