Default ATI Anti-Aliasing: A How-to

Through the course of my internet travels, I came upon an undiscovered program that finally actually makes this possible. No post-processing FXAA or other craziness here; this is the real stuff. I was looking for a way to do this for a long time, and now that I finally discovered it, I figured it only be right that I shared for those that care.

Here's your guide.

1. Download the program RadiT. You can get it here:
    http://www60.zippyshare.com/v/70564244/file.html

2. Extract the .zip file anywhere and run the program.

3. Click "New" and navigate to your "pso2_bin" folder. Hit OK and you will see this:

4. Click on pso2_bin, then click CFAACaps - F as you see in the picture above. Click "Done."

5. Force overriding AA through Catalyst Control Center as normal. This can be MSAA, SSAA, or whatever you want. The next time you start up PSO2, if everything was done properly, you will see the anti-aliasing in full effect. Turn off the PSO2 anti-aliasing in game! No need for that silly FXAA nonsense.

If you have any issues, be sure to run RadiT as administrator. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    snip
    have i set something wrong, or just what kind of PC do you need to run that CFAACaps - F ?

the game is perfect with it but running at 30fps is ... ( admittedly i have other stuff running with low perf hits but which add up)
    Spoiler!

pretty cool find, thanks for sharing

though how do you revert back to normal game ? i tried deleting the profile and clicking done, and idk what's wrong but it doesn't revert back to what it was before

EDIT: ok now that's really cute, after trying to reset my game i'm now getting 30fps with no AA or anything else at all which is just dumb

i get by by choosing a setting in RadiT that seemingly doesn't do anything and i get my 120fps back but the fact that i can't not choose any setting is stupid
    Last edited by Remz69; May 14, 2014 at 05:11 PM.
    hi

If you want to turn off the AA you just change the Catalyst Control Center profile. If you're stuck running at 30 FPS, make sure vertical sync isn't being forced in CCC or something.

If you want to get rid of it altogether you can just delete the DLL RadIT creates in your pso2 game folder, but honestly, I've never had any issues with it. It runs perfectly fine with AA or with AA off for me.

tried it and i got 30FPS max too...

I've actually been looking for something like this(and yes I know the op was back in May), and this is very useful. Thanks for the info. Works great for me.

Signature by Gama

I tried a lot of options and the only one that look good + not reduce FPS much is this
    you need turn on AA in game though

Quote Originally Posted by aloola View Post
    I tried a lot of options and the only one that look good + not reduce FPS much is this
    you need turn on AA in game though

nonsense, gameguard hides the pso2.exe process so there is no point setting AA in the catalyst

derp people ...

nonsense, gameguard hides the pso2.exe process so there is no point setting AA in the catalyst

derp people ...
    ^ you can't make it work for you ? I don't care hiding blalbalblalff blah blah blah.
    AA catalyst did work very well for me.
    also Jesus, read the first post lol

BTW: thanks for sharing Crevox !!!

here is newest version http://www52.zippyshare.com/v/27447214/file.html 0.6
    Last edited by aloola; Nov 18, 2014 at 08:18 AM.

this screenshot doesnt prove anything it could be the SMAA itself from your sweetFx

and v0.6 gives me blackscreen so fuck this software]

thank you very much for speading this malware, now my game client is broken i cant open the game anymore

Last edited by sol_trigger; Nov 18, 2014 at 09:46 PM.