Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Default Shoot/Strike Units?

I'm looking to make a couple of units for both Strike and shoot. However, the arm of the gloam set is like 4mil, so are they any alternatives? Looking for something that could give me at least 120pp.

How many affixes are you willing to go for spirita to get that 120 PP?

Luther set should be a decent budget option. +3 PP per unit and a +5 set bonus, with +60 S/R/TATK, with good defensive bonuses on top of that (40 HP and 3% Strike/Fire/Tech res per unit). You'd need either PP souls or a few Spirita III's or Spirita Boosts to hit 120 PP but those are your best options.
    Last edited by Walkure; May 16, 2014 at 07:28 PM.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

I was gonna go modular/power3/shoot3/Spirita3.

If you don't mind crafting, you can work with a crafted Blitz set. Although, Gloam is better and you can choose to sell it in the future.
    Alternatively, you can just craft a Blitz arm and use an uncrafted Gloam rear since set bonuses would still apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinamori View Post
    I'm looking to make a couple of units for both Strike and shoot. However, the arm of the gloam set is like 4mil, so are they any alternatives? Looking for something that could give me at least 120pp.
    Best offensive s-atk set is in my opinion Gloam + White Tail. Alternatively you can use t-atk line extended Blitz set combined with a Burn Tail, it's also possible to mix Gloam and Blitz units.
    Same goes for r-atk, just replace Gloam/Blitz with Tian/Gwanman.

Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post
    Best offensive s-atk set is in my opinion Gloam + White Tail. Alternatively you can use t-atk line extended Blitz set combined with a Burn Tail, it's also possible to mix Gloam and Blitz units.
    Same goes for r-atk, just replace Gloam/Blitz with Tian/Gwanman.
    Your opinion is wrong--Gloam + White Tail is the best for PP while having a decent ATK bonus. There are many others with better S-ATK passives.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendezvous View Post
    Your opinion is wrong--Gloam + White Tail is the best for PP while having a decent ATK bonus. There are many others with better S-ATK passives.
    PP is an offensive stat too.
    There are two types of sets which give you more than +60-satk.
    First one being XQ units. These are rather hard to come by, because you have to be lucky enough to find the full +5 PP set. Unless of course you're willing to pay 50x T2 stones for each unit. You'll have 30 more s-atk, but in the process you'll completely destroy your HP, and PP to some extend.
    Second one is 4 piece set bonus which includes weapons. These sets give you +120 s-atk with a full set. Problem is, you'll limit yourself to one weapon. Use any other weapon and the set becomes bad. Some of the set bonuses dont even provide any PP. Weapons in these series often have enemy hunter latents, meaning you'll gimp yourself against every other enemy type. You'd need a new unit set for every weapon, affixing all those sets would totally destroy your wallet.

Gloam + WT provides good s-atk bonus, "decent" HP and fuckton of PP. The set works with every melee weapon and class. Invest some meseta and you'll have extremely good melee unit set which should last for a long, long time.
    So, yeah. Gloam + WT has by far the best overall performance.
    Last edited by Friyn; May 17, 2014 at 07:01 PM.

What's the difference between Spirita I-IV and Spirita Boost? Do having both on the same unit multiplies something?

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    What's the difference between Spirita I-IV and Spirita Boost? Do having both on the same unit multiplies something?
    Spirita I - 2PP
    Spirita II - 3 PP
    Spirita III - 4PP
    Spiriva IV - 5PP
    Spirita V - 6PP
    Spirita Boost - 5PP

Besides amount of PP, another difference is success rate for affixing. Having both on the same unit, the PP will be added together, not multiplied.

Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post
    So, yeah. Gloam + WT has by far the best overall performance.
    It's just arguing over semantics, don't take it too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendezvous View Post
    Many others? The only that gives 90 s-atk are XQ sets which only give 15 s-atk. You need some damn nice 5s affixes or 6s to end up matching for PP to Gloam/Whitetail.