Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Since the SEA version comes out later this month and is in english

Does that mean we can hope for a almost full translation for the japanese version? of course they would have to leave out "wizard" for force and "potion" for the mates.

that's why i say almost full translation

what do you guys think?

We already have that on JP version. There are very few things left in Japanese now.

EDIT: the people doing the translation patches are doing a great work and a fast work for all there is to do.
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

The Place of Weissbier and People with funny accents

Also from what has been seen the SEA translation is ... err ... "not very good"
    As in "ohmygodmyeyesarebleeding" levels for fans of the series.

I heard that the SEA translation is actually extremely good, just the names are very bad.

huh ... maybe I need to listen more.

the names are bad, and that's what makes my eyes bleed. totally regretted playing the SEA version.

Quote Originally Posted by Arada View Post
    We already have that on JP version. There are very few things left in Japanese now.
    Quest flavour text? NPC sayings in missions? Item descriptions for weapons and armour? Some of these are partially done already, some of Revelle's early quests are fully translated but the majority of the quests in the game are not. Sword and wired lance weapon descriptions were translated, but the rest of the weapons have not been translated yet.

I understand why these haven't been translated, as it's a lot of work for no real gain. In fact I'm not sure why the translators even bothered doing these in the first place, but to say that there's very few things left in Japanese is wrong.

If the translators can use the SEA version to help speed up the work they've already started on the quest descriptions and item descriptions, I see little reason why they shouldn't make use of that if it's in their power to do so.

Using the SEA version as base could be ... problematic.
    It's one thing doing the translation yourself, another if you use anothers work (in this case SEA's) due to Copyright issues.

It depends on how many, and what kinds, of liberties the SEA translators take. If there are a lot of minor differences, or a couple really big ones, I'd personally rather go with the original unless they're significant improvements (like a complete rewrite of Echo's personality, what an annoying whiny bitch).

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    We're still in discussion about this - Until we finalize the enemy names, we're holding off on potentially using any SEA material.

please AIDA, don't use the enemy names.