Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hunter needs help with FI subclass

Hello there,
    I'm a returning player, I left a bit before new classes were added( = I have no clue about stuff).
    I'm playing a Hunter with Fury stance and sword gear:

> My current skill tree <

Now, I know there's stuff that is plain wrong/bad, such as:
    #having a full Dex mag (I'll get a new one later)
    #having 10/10 on Fury critical
    #having 3/10 in strike atk up 1 when one point was enough to unlock the sword gear (they changed that)
    I plan to roll with it for a while and reset it later on, as I do have 6 reset tickets.

The one question I got about the Hunter skill tree is about fury combo boost: is it worth it when I use a sword all the time?

Now on to my main issue, fighter subclass:
    a friend got this for me (thanks Sereness)
    HU/FI build
    It looks pretty straightforward: max the 2 stances, get the gears, max PP Slayer.

Isn't Fury stance better, dps wise? Would I use brave and wise stance only to play it safe and avoid dying, or can they surpass the fury stance damage?
    And what if I don't want any gear that isn't the sword one? Is that bad? Where do you recommend I spend those points if not on the other gears?

Thanks for the attention!
    Last edited by Goat666; May 27, 2014 at 07:35 PM.
    Duck TalesNeifirst [ship 2]

I havent tested it with brave or wise stance but i assume it works the same, i BELEIVE you can stack fury stance AND one of the two other stanced (brave stance or wise stance). For example im a hunter braver with fury stance(155% with max FS, FS up 1 and fury Combo), average stance(120%) and weak stance(140% to weak 90% to else unless the other skill tree maxed out nullifies the 90% into 100%) so i can activate fury stance and average stance for 175% damage boost to all, or weak stance for 195% damage boost to weak points. for your example it would be 155% from fury + 160% from maxed out wise stance or + 140% from maxed out brave stance.

Edit: Note these are only for S-Atk damage as the other damage types are boosted differently on fury at least).
    Last edited by AkumaYouji; May 28, 2014 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat666 View Post
    Hello there,
    I'm a returning player, I left a bit before new classes were added( = I have no clue about stuff).
    I'm playing a Hunter with Fury stance and sword gear:

> My current skill tree <

Now, I know there's stuff that is plain wrong/bad, such as:
    #having a full Dex mag (I'll get a new one later)
    #having 10/10 on Fury critical
    #having 3/10 in strike atk up 1 when one point was enough to unlock the sword gear (they changed that)
    I plan to roll with it for a while and reset it later on, as I do have 6 reset tickets.

The one question I got about the Hunter skill tree is about fury combo boost: is it worth it when I use a sword all the time?

Now on to my main issue, fighter subclass:
    a friend got this for me (thanks Sereness)
    HU/FI build
    It looks pretty straightforward: max the 2 stances, get the gears, max PP Slayer.

Isn't Fury stance better, dps wise? Would I use brave and wise stance only to play it safe and avoid dying, or can they surpass the fury stance damage?
    And what if I don't want any gear that isn't the sword one? Is that bad? Where do you recommend I spend those points if not on the other gears?

Thanks for the attention!
    1. Fury Combo is always good regardless of weapon.
    2. General rule of thumb when using stances from main/sub is one active stance per class. Fury Stance stacks with either Brave or Wise, but not both at the same time.

Modifying your basic build..I think this one is better. This is only if you plan on having your Fighter sub and if you truly want to main Hunter, otherwise I would advise against this build.

Anyway, you have 4 points leftover to do whatever in the Hunter tree. Get Just Guard or point 1 point into Rare Mastery for the 30 S-ATK. 1 point for whatever in the Fighter tree: Rare Mastery, Adrenaline, 5 S-ATK.

Thanks guys, that was really helpful, I didn't even know you could stack stances from different skill trees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendezvous View Post
    Modifying your basic build..I think this one is better. This is only if you plan on having your Fighter sub and if you truly want to main Hunter, otherwise I would advise against this build.
    Thanks for the build.
    May I ask: why you would advise against it (again, I'm clueless)? Why would your suggested build change if I were not to main Hunter? I do not know what would the defining difference be (apart from stats and main-specific skills) if I were to main Fighter instead of Hunter.
    Last edited by Goat666; May 28, 2014 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat666 View Post
    Thanks guys, that was really helpful, I didn't even know you could stack stances from different skill trees.

Thanks for the build.
    May I ask: why you would advise against it (again, I'm clueless)? Why would your suggested build change if I were not to main Hunter? I do not know what would the defining difference be (apart from stats and main-specific skills) if I were to main Fighter instead of Hunter.
    Because maining and subbing Hunter are vastly different despite 70 points being almost the same. You have to fully make use of the last 10 SP if you want to main Hunter for gears and/or Just Guard, otherwise you can't bring out the full potential of Hunter weapons.

Fighter and Hunter tree synergise well with each other, so you shouldn't really have a problem.

Oh, now i get it.
    That'd be all, thanks a lot!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

You really should get Just Guard, at the very least. I like Just Counter as well, it's a great thing to have (something that probably shouldn't be a skill in the first place, but we won't get into that), and the Guard + Counter can keep you safe while still keeping your damage up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    You really should get Just Guard, at the very least. I like Just Counter as well, it's a great thing to have (something that probably shouldn't be a skill in the first place, but we won't get into that), and the Guard + Counter can keep you safe while still keeping your damage up.
    I never tried that, I usually just step out of it and kick something, but just guard does sound good on a full damage build.
    So what do you guys think of >this<?
    There's 6 point left on the fighter tree, I removed those fighter gears for now because I don't see the point since I'm going to main Hunter for the swords.
    Thanks!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

You've got six points in HP up, lol. I'd say put the points in the gears anyway, because at some point you'll probably want/need to level up Fighter as a main the rest of the way.

Use this and I think you'll be alright. I put it into adrenaline because it's a decent skill, I've come to like it. The gears will be for when you do need to level as a main, because you'll need them. Getting some all class weapons will help too, it'll help depending on your situation, plus knuckle dashing for getting in somewhere if you need to.

I would also advise getting the Fury Gear, because then you'll never have to worry about gear for your sword, and it'll be MUCH easier to accumulate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    You've got six points in HP up, lol.
    [...]
    I would also advise getting the Fury Gear, because then you'll never have to worry about gear for your sword, and it'll be MUCH easier to accumulate.
    Oops my mistake, didn't notice.
    then I guess I'll take 1pt in Fury Gear instead of Just counter, so meanwhile I can practice Just guarding and then take just counter when the lvl cap will raise.