Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

Not a fan of the character design yet, but the other than that... I look forward more to this than PSO2 as a whole at the moment.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

Yeah, I'm not super keen on the character designs but the rest sounds great to me.

I always love hearing when a game company is far into a project and, when they really realize it just isn't jiving, they actually do something about it instead of putting a bandaid over it and releasing it anyway.

I'm sure they kept all the elements that stood out the best, and reworked them around entirely new elements that are better than what they had before. I'm looking forward to playing it.

edit: Regarding trying to be more like PSO1, I don't think we'll get a game with a similar design aesthetic for a while (at least, not from a major game company - maybe in an indy game, though). A big part of why PSO1 had the aesthetic that it did was the hardware of the time forced them to do things like make light sources emit visible light beams instead of actually casting light on surfaces, lots of jaggies, overlapping transparent textures for lightsabers, sharp/crisp corners/edges everywhere, etc. Another big part was that cyberpunk was a really big thing at the time. Using "tricks" to bring more out of hardware was always what they'd been doing, so that's just the direction they went.

Now hardware is only barely a limitation to a game's aesthetic, and more "realism" (aka bloom & lensflares) is a must now. Unfortunately.

If this is like Monster Hunter on an alien planet, meaning a bunch of mostly intact natural environments that aren't necessarily realistic, I'd be pretty happy.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Jun 4, 2014 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I'm sure they kept all the elements that stood out the best, and reworked them around entirely new elements that are better than what they had before. I'm looking forward to playing it.
    That's exactly what they did with PSP2i. They took all the good parts of PSU, dropped the bad parts, tweaked some stuff, and boom, there was an awesome game, arguably the best since PSO. Hopefully Nova turns out to follow the same path.

its mine, already preordered on play-asia and got my Vita at launch day.

why the character look more like star ocean, owait is tri-ace design teams made no wonder

-The feel of the game is supposedly close to the original PSO.

WTF. NONONONONONO! This better not mean gameplay. Maybe some tie ins, but everything else, just NO.

So much panty twist. I'm open to this, as anyone else should be.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

So...pics?

Also, no Cast main characters? This is ridiculous. D:<

*Found it, carry on.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    So...pics?

Also, no Cast main characters? This is ridiculous. D:<
    Cast player character has been the canon story in every PSO game
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

for those interested in famitsu full article it's here... http://manta0yamada.minus.com/mmA97Ne5rMYwz
    Your signature image was 1,022px × 328px. Signature images are limited to a combined total of 600 pixels in width, 180 pixels in height, and 50,000 bytes in filesize.
    I play on Ship 2 and the name of my character is Cryska, feel free to send a friend request.