Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    BAM!!

knew it'd be a xenoblade! >D

/obnoxious dance

didn't think it'd LITERALLY be named xenoblade though, guess they're going the final fantasy route, so yeah.
    It was kind of fuckin obvious given that it had a placeholder title of "X."

I mean, come on now.

Anyway, I've never played a Xenoblade title and know literally nothing about it. I didn't even know it was turn-based until somebody mentioned it somewhere. Should I be excited? I don't dislike turn-based games, but I prefer them to be more interesting than selecting "Tackle" over and over again. This looks more unique than that.

Combat is not turn based its more of a single player mmo like final fantasy 12. But its a lot faster and has a emphasis on positioning.

Also big fucking robots.

So I should be hyper excited, awesome.

Also the robots transform too. And there's space parts.

Seriously this looks amazing.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    It was kind of fuckin obvious.
    That's the point.

)
    __] J
    )

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    It was kind of fuckin obvious given that it had a placeholder title of "X."

I mean, come on now.

Anyway, I've never played a Xenoblade title and know literally nothing about it. I didn't even know it was turn-based until somebody mentioned it somewhere. Should I be excited? I don't dislike turn-based games, but I prefer them to be more interesting than selecting "Tackle" over and over again. This looks more unique than that.
    Combat is interesting in that you do indeed "enter" battle by approaching an enemy and drawing your weapon, but you do not control your attacks directly; your character will perform auto-attacks at varying speeds and power depending on equipment. However, what you do control is your Art usage, and you can also influence how your other characters behave.

Outside of battle, you gradually heal at a rather quick pace, but inside of battle, you must depend on healing arts (and maybe items this time around?) Positioning is a key battle point, and you are given a display that shows [Front/Side/Back]/[High/Middle/Low Ground]; various arts have different effects depending on position, and different enemies have weak spots. And yes, giant transforming mechs can be used to obliterate smaller enemies and fight on equal footing with larger, more powerful ones

Another key feature of the game is the open world: their idea of an open world is "if you can see it, you can go to it"

More on-topic, though, I'm surprised how easy it was to find this topic; I was just thinking about posting something similar to this topic when I saw this. So yes, I must say that even with the new information from E3, it looks very much like a Phantasy Star game XD
    Last edited by PokeminMaster; Jun 29, 2014 at 01:17 AM.
    SHIP 02 - PokeminMaster
    Lucinova - Deuman - 75 Hu, 55 Fi, 75 Fo, 80 Te, 80 Bo, 75 Su, 80 He
    Aura - CAST - 75 Fo, 77 Te
    Sylvia - CAST - 75 Ra, 76 Br

Actually, from the footage, it looks more like the giant mechs let you punch up.

The mech was used to fight on even footing with a giant thing that they'd otherwise have needed another 20 or so levels to beat on safely. (The presence of such enemies was not uncommon in Xenoblade - walk through area of level 20 things... but attacking the level 70 birds is probably a bad idea. They aren't aggro though)
    Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    Actually, from the footage, it looks more like the giant mechs let you punch up.

The mech was used to fight on even footing with a giant thing that they'd otherwise have needed another 20 or so levels to beat on safely. (The presence of such enemies was not uncommon in Xenoblade - walk through area of level 20 things... but attacking the level 70 birds is probably a bad idea. They aren't aggro though)
    ...I ran into level 80-some birds that were aggro though, towards the end of Bionis' Leg then again at Satorl Marsh (but only at night there, I think they were Quadwings specifically) lol

Nonetheless, now that I've played more of the original Wii game, I'm starting to become even more desperate to get X
    SHIP 02 - PokeminMaster
    Lucinova - Deuman - 75 Hu, 55 Fi, 75 Fo, 80 Te, 80 Bo, 75 Su, 80 He
    Aura - CAST - 75 Fo, 77 Te
    Sylvia - CAST - 75 Ra, 76 Br

to hell with Monolith, they made me so angry when cutting the Saga series down from 6 games to 3.

You know what the Wii-U needs? A great action RPG like .hack//G.U.

Last edited by Outrider; Jun 30, 2014 at 04:38 PM.
    If you would like to be on my friends list for PS0 or get codes for others, visit this link: http://bit.ly/ii9L2f

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Porshakin View Post
    to hell with Monolith, they made me so angry when cutting the Saga series down from 6 games to 3.
    I know right? They lost so much money from Xenosaga II because no one liked that game.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)