Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default New Wii-U looks similar to PSO/PSU successor?

Not to crap on pso 2 or anything. But a lot of us wanted a new upgraded type of pso/psu game. We also wanted it to be back on consoles too(it's about that time)

This game reminds me a lot of PSO/PSU and other games wrapped up in one. But mostly PSU/pso. Even the sounds and music sound similar. Nintendo said they were supposed to be showcasing this at the upcoming E3 in a few days. I have a strong feeling that some, or a lot of the same developers are making this game. It's just too similar lol. I almost thought it was a new pso/psu at first glance

What do you guys/gals think?

(could a mod imbed the video for me, I don't know how to do it on this board)
    Last edited by HUnewearl_Meira; Jun 10, 2014 at 10:56 PM.

This actually looks pretty bad ass. My only concern with shiny games like this is that they are usually too good to be true. By that I mean suffering from lack of content (which PSO2 suffers from as well IN MY OPINION but that's a whole other issue).

Too bad it's not for PC so I'll never get to play it.

Huh? Hell no! This is more akin to Xenoblade Chronicles and is not a action RPG by any means. I don't know why you even compare it to Phantasy Star.

Heh I take it you're not much of a console gamer? Or maybe you're a lot younger than me or just different genre. Anyways, Monolith Soft is the company that makes the "Xeno" games like the one here (Known as X for now by others). Started off with Xenogears which was by Squaresoft then Xenosaga which was then by Namco, then Xenoblade on the Wii (Nintendo owns them obviously).

All the Xeno games were pretty sci-fi with mechs with a pretty good story behind it. As for this game, I can't wait for it to come out since I am a hardcore Xeno fan that is. However, for those who haven't played them, should play Gears > Saga > blade in the meantime since it ain't comin out asap and to get a feel of monolith soft games. If anything, its going to be based off Xenoblade's battle system which pretty much played like a MMO in a way.

Eh I'll be buying a Wii-u for this, but only because its another Xeno game and I've played them all.

lol this is old, knew about this game for a while, looks boring as hell, that combat is the typical auto attack no skill type of thing :/ not into it.

check out my website below
    http://frewinhu.weebly.com/

that X well known from xenogear, xenosaga, xenoblade and new X

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    Huh? Hell no! This is more akin to Xenoblade Chronicles and is not a action RPG by any means. I don't know why you even compare it to Phantasy Star.
    Not an RPG? I'm not really sure what constitutes a role playing game anymore, but I'm assuming in this context it means that the game has number/stats for characters and items? I wouldn't know the only thing I know about this game is the trailer posted in the OP. As far as action goes it looks pretty action-y to me.

I think the point is that its a sci-fi game with melee and ranged weapons where you fight big monsters, so in that way it is pretty similar to PSO.

Oh I see, so the combat is this weird hybrid between turn based and live action. Far from hacknslash type gameplay.
    Last edited by Dragwind; Jun 6, 2014 at 09:20 AM. Reason: merged double post

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valimer View Post

I think the point is that its a sci-fi game with melee and ranged weapons where you fight big monsters, so in that way it is pretty similar to PSO.
    You just described half the market.

I remember seeing this. Wasn't really thinking of PSO at all when I saw it, but I am cautiously optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Valimer View Post
    Not an RPG? I'm not really sure what constitutes a role playing game anymore, but I'm assuming in this context it means that the game has number/stats for characters and items? I wouldn't know the only thing I know about this game is the trailer posted in the OP. As far as action goes it looks pretty action-y to me.

I didn't say that it was not a RPG. I said that it's not a Action RPG, The skills and attacks have a cooling period like let's say FFXII and even the MMO FFXIV.

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

Walking: The Game