Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Here's gameplay I found when this was brought up before, for anyone interested.

It's kinda irksome that Sega looks like they're doing mech combat better (or at least more visually appealing) than a game where mechs are one of the main mechanics. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Here's gameplay I found when this was brought up before, for anyone interested.
    Monolith Soft X Gameplay Trailer (Nintendo Direct - High Quality) - YouTube
    It's kinda irksome that Sega looks like they're doing mech combat better (or at least more visually appealing) than a game where mechs are one of the main mechanics. :/
    ._. yeap.

this looks like one of the games my brother would like cause he plays every FF series like nothing happened.

I dunno why, but it reminds me of FFXII.

still can't wait till we get A.I.S. mechs on PSO2. *over-hype activated*

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    Huh? Hell no! This is more akin to Xenoblade Chronicles and is not a action RPG by any means. I don't know why you even compare it to Phantasy Star.
    Agreed.
    Looks amazing nonetheless.
    I don't have a Wii U and I don't plan on ever getting one but I am still hyped, lol.

Looks awesome, but not a fan of its fighting mechanics.

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Bubsy?! Bubsy, is that you?! I know it's supposed to be Nyau btw, but seriously - that thing looks like a wannabe Bubsy with a Kokiri Lightsaber.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyron Tanryoku View Post
    Walking: The Game
    This.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    You just described half the market.

I remember seeing this. Wasn't really thinking of PSO at all when I saw it, but I am cautiously optimistic.
    The robots' aesthetics are certainly reminiscent of PSO, and there's what appears to be a bit of multiplayer in one clip. Of course, it's pretty clearly an action-ish RPG.

It definitely gives off PSO vibes. The combat looks to be Xenoblade's system.
    Last edited by Randomness; Jun 6, 2014 at 11:38 AM.
    Coming Soon!

This is footage from X, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute0 View Post
    This is footage from X, right?
    Yeah, it's from last year. Nothing new has come up recently.
    Coming Soon!

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

This is literally slightly updated graphics and gameplay from xenoblade, it's not an action game you auto attack, and then use hotkey'd skills like an MMO But faster paced and surprisingly satisfying and there's actually a lot of strategy behind what skills you use UNLIKE a typical mmo.

Being that similar to xenoblade chronicals I'll be surprised if it's an online game.

Fortunately Xenoblade is fucking awesome. So this game should be fine by default either way.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Just from the topic title, yeah, it looks similar to PSO2 (not so much PSO or PSU) in that the art direction and costume design look reminiscent of PSO2 (at least, the selection at launch) had they dialed back the absurdity a scoach. I have a feeling that's where the similarities end though (never played Xenoblade, so I dunno the combat) Though the more open-world (appearing, anyhow) exploration and transforming mech/vehicle sections would have been a nice addition to PSO2. Hell, it would have been a throwback to classic PS games where you had open worlds and vehicles/vehicle combat.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!