Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Default Your control method: KB+M or Controller?

I've been playing this game with my KB+M since it came out, and I like how I can quickly snap the camera around and make movements. I've got an Xbox 360 USB pad that I know is natively supported, but I haven't been bothered to try it yet. I'm just kind of curious to see what most people prefer, and for what reasons.

I've recently been suffering from pretty severe lower back pain, and my doctor recommended that I spend less time sitting until I recover, which has really reduced the amount of time I will let myself play PSO2. (I spend 8 hours a day working a desk job, probably shouldn't be sitting again when I get home.) I've been thinking about trying to play with a controller while standing at my desk to see if that might be better.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

KB+M because I can rotate the camera., and by now, I'm just plain use to it.

Both. I swap between depending on what I'm doing and if I want to lean back or not.

The default controller layout is pretty awful for PSO2. While it was good in PSO1 and PSU, this is a game where precision matters much more. I use a layout based on a dark souls config, which has been pretty great. Attacks & guards with triggers, jumping/evading/using with buttons, etc.

gamepad purely since a year or so, previously kb+m purely for a year
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

I use an Xbox 360 controller and JoyToKey to configure my controls.
    Quit PSO2

Game pad all day, customized. I have different customization depending on which class I play.

Sig by Gama

KB + M, because it's more comfortable to use the extra 12 side buttons that my mouse gives me + the custom layout of my keyboard replacement, than to get carpal tunnel trying to press the shortcut keys.

Never even considered a controller when I first picked up the game. I need that 0-9 subpalette and 1-9 numpad. And I'm not going to deal with manual aim on a stick.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

I use KB+M mainly because TPS and dashing always felt awkward to me on a controller. Also, I have a mouse with a lot of extra buttons, and being that I primarily play force, having all of those extra buttons makes the class very comfortable to play.

Kb+m here, I can coordinate my jumps easier and do jump attacks without awkwardness, as well as having attacks and fast camera control on the same hand. I can react more quickly and take quick glances at my surroundings.