Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I can't believe my luck, or my disluck.

Today (3-7-01), my 98th FONewman YellowBoze, playing online on Puck - 10, found a collection of Special Items in Ruins 3 as usual and went to town to ID them. The only other player in the game was a 49th RAcast named Jenkins. I proceeded to ID the items, and was shocked to find out that I had found a Chain Sawd! To make matters even more unbelievable, another one of the items in my inventory was yet another Chain Sawd! This made no sense whatsoever, but I had ID'd the items myself, so either Jenkins dropped them, un-Id'd, as a hack joke, or something went terribly wrong.

To make things even more confusing, one of the Chain Sawd's boosted my ATP (theoretically, I can't equip them) to 999 while the other only boosted it to 832. I was immediately suspect and left the two as unidentified items. After beating Dark Falz and leaving the game, I created another. This time, the 999 ATP Chain Sawd now was identified as a DB's Saber, but the other Chain Sawd still was id'd as a Chain Sawd!

To make things more interesting, a friend, another YellowBoze, but a HUmar, (Mykall) claimed to have found 2 Kadadgolg's back to back today as well. This is really messed up.

Does anyone know what the heck is going on?

Nordramor
    Nordy!

Veteran Fighter

It's been rumored that Sega has decided to up the ammount of rares found online to handle the "economic problems" of its server changes.

I've also heard that they may actually be adding in a few more NEW rares... (one for each sec ID possibly)

Again, these ARE just rumors, and I haven't heard any reports from an official source, (Sega's starting to get as hushed about this stuff as Nintendo is about its new games...) so don't take this as law or an absolute answer.

Well, I tell you what...I was playing Online on Very Hard, I'm a level 58 RAcast, and a similar thing happened to me in the Mines. I found 2 of the SPECIAL WEAPON's and had the Tekker ID them. They were both DB's Saber. Now, it's not the best RARE item in the world; but it ain't too shabby either. The funny thing was though, was that there were about 3 other SPECIAL WEAPON's lying around too., and just in the Mines. Strange...

I noticied the same thing, I got 4 Crush Bullet's and 2 Photon claws in Cave 3, Mine 1. Now I think my stats are maxed out, I don't know how it happened. I have been getting alot of Mind and Lucks lately but, for some reason I can't even use the Power or Mind Material anymore. Anyone want a Mind material???

Veteran Fighter

Going through Forest of VHard by myself, I managed to pick up a Kaladgolg, Soul Eater, and fake Agito (2001). Weird enough, all three of these were in the same room...

Strange yeah! I hoped on much earlier than I usually do today, around 2pm (usually 10pm-3am). And I start a locked game, go to forest vhard. First room, first Booma drops a Brave Knuckle.. ok not the greatest rare, but jeez i've never even seen one, until now! I hope its true, man I want some cool items!

dont tekkers identify weapons wrong sometimes? tekkers can only identify certain weapons in thier field, right? that would be why the weapon changed maybe. i dunno.

Strange things are defately afoot. Seutekh I think your rumor may be partailly correct, or it just seems as though it all happened today because someone brought it everyone's attention.
    Anyways
    I havent found much in general but today (online) I found Brave Knuckles on V hard forest and Delsaber's Right Arm (Buster) on Hard Ruins. To top that off I also found a Gae Bolg. This is all within a period of 2 hrs today.
    Definately my biggest day of PSO ever. Gotta see how tomorrow goes now.

I wanted to add this. I have tried keeping items unknown and the bringing to different tekkers, and out of the 20 items I have tried they all were the same. I would first equip them to see what they were, then bring to different tekkers. And to my dismay they were all cursed by the vaista and DB saber gods.

Maximus (VIRIDIA)
    RAmar - WHite/Grey Helmet w/ orange screen

PowerSlave (SKYLY)
    HUcast - White/Grey

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: PowerSlave on 2001-03-08 02:01 ]</font>

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: PowerSlave on 2001-03-08 02:02 ]</font>

I think mjx has the right idea... some tekkers are better than others when it comes to finding out what the true "SPECIAL WEAPON" is. Alot of those DB's and Varsitas you found yesterday could have been a Stag or Holy Ray. I've seen this three times, your best bet it to take the item to the tekker only on certain section ID's to get the most accurate result (note: sometimes even the right tekker will ID the special weapon wrong).

i played about 3 hours today, and in caves alone i found 5 claws, two of them being silence claws, now that blew my mind, and im finding way more materia now for some reason. You can find soul eaters now? there has to be somthing up