Default looking for some advice regarding RA, GU and FO

Hi,

I'm playing in SEA. Currently I'm lv 30 ranger/15 hunter with gunner unlocked. After trying gunner even though low level, I find it hard to maneuver. Also with the 40 cap, we lack elder rebellion. The question is I want to play Force.

#1 is the switch to force worth it?

#2 is it easier to level a new class using my lv 30 ranger, switching class before suitting quest or justcreate it and at it from scratch ? (which i plan since i bought AC to unlock a character slot)

#3 or just continue with ranger?

#4 in the current cap in jp, are Force class excels in damage?

thanks for those who will reply, I'm still new to the game and still learning what should I focus on

I'll tell you what I told the other guy: the only obstacle in levelling up a new class is the mag. You need a dedicated R-Atk mag for a ranger, and a T-Atk one for the force.

I assume you play on a SEA server. 2 years ago (roughly where SEA is now), Forces were indeed pretty strong. Nowadays I'll say they're mid tier.

^so nowadays only the BR and GU are the top tiers?

Nope, FO is really good for mobbing again once you have good gear.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    Nope, FO is really good for mobbing again once you have good gear.
    thanks! I really want to play FO until our version in SEA reaches the JP version.

Surprisingly, ranger is high tier now. Force is arguably high tier too but I'd say it requires more investment, including possibly spending AC, than any other class.

My personal tier list, more experienced players may (and probably will) disagree:

High tier
    braver, gunner, ranger

Mid tier
    force, fighter

Low tier
    hunter, techer

The mid tiers are still perfectly usable by the way. And incidentally, low tier classes make great subs even if they're bad on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Surprisingly, ranger is high tier now. Force is arguably high tier too but I'd say it requires more investment, including possibly spending AC, than any other class.

My personal tier list, more experienced players may (and probably will) disagree:

High tier
    braver, gunner, ranger

Mid tier
    force, fighter

Low tier
    hunter, techer

The mid tiers are still perfectly usable by the way. And incidentally, low tier classes make great subs even if they're bad on their own.
    this.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post

High tier
    braver, gunner, ranger

Mid tier
    force, fighter

Low tier
    hunter, techer

Thanks for the info. Can I know why they require more investment and possibly spending AC than any other classes?

I think Braver and Gunner is given being high tiers. I will play Braver when it comes out in our version.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicidium View Post
    Thanks for the info. Can I know why they require more investment and possibly spending AC than any other classes?
    Force requires that to reach it's full potential, because a lot of it's damage is for specific elements, and thus, you'd want to have multiple skill trees for multiple elements. It's possible to make a generalist tree but it won't be as good as a pure one. On top of that, once forces get elemental conversion it'll be important to have a staff and/or talis of every element for each build as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Force requires that to reach it's full potential, because a lot of it's damage is for specific elements, and thus, you'd want to have multiple skill trees for multiple elements. It's possible to make a generalist tree but it won't be as good as a pure one. On top of that, once forces get elemental conversion it'll be important to have a staff and/or talis of every element for each build as well.
    ouch, and I'm just a casual player. I thought I can get by without spending AC

What about Fighters then? That's the 2nd class I want if Forces are like this.