(Chaos1) three different games
    (DongONG) why?
    (Chaos1) yea
    (Chaos1) it wouldnt come up a good weapon
    (Chaos1) kept bein a db saber
    (Chaos1) so i kept tekken it and viola, spike gladius
    (DongONG) how
    (DongONG) i thought u cant do that
    (zephyr) you can turn a db saber into a better weapon by tekking it???
    (Chaos1) u just say i dont believe u
    (Chaos1) to the tekker
    (DongONG) yeah
    (DongONG) i tried
    (DongONG) it never has changed
    (Chaos1) not a db saber
    (Chaos1) a Special Weapon
    (DongONG) yeah but even if u equip it
    (Chaos1) if you get it tekked keep tekking it a few times and if u keep gettin db saber thats what it is
    (DongONG) wen it says special weapon
    (DongONG) it is a DB saber
    (Chaos1) it is all the time mostly
    (zephyr) hmmm
    (DongONG) but u can equip them
    (Chaos1) i equipped a varsita and it was a justy when i tekked it
    (DongONG) hmm
    (DongONG) never knew that
    (zephyr) that's annoying if it's true
    (zephyr) and it explains why I never get anything even through hundreds of rares
    (zephyr) so you need to go to multiple tekkers for every varistas you come across...
    (Chaos1) for all your rares
    (Chaos1) check with different tekkers
    (zephyr) the problem is...
    (Chaos1) eventually u will get the best one
    (zephyr) one pass thorugh the ruins v.hard generates far more rares than you can bank
    (Chaos1) or what u like the best
    (Chaos1) yep
    (zephyr) so how do you transport them to another tekker
    (Chaos1) but u just gotta make room
    (Chaos1) sell some stuff
    (Chaos1) i gotta go, cya all
    (Chaos1) Have fun
    (zephyr) if that's the way it is it really sucks
    (zephyr) everyone will start joining random games just to id stuff and then leave

----------------

(zephyr) so let's say you're soloing v.hard ruins offline... what procedure should you use to make sure your ?SPECIAL WEAPONS? are being tekked properly?
    (BlueFyre) each tekker has its own specialty
    (BlueFyre) one of the tekkers always gives you better guns
    (DongONG) so how many times do you need to tekk things?
    (BlueFyre) but at the same time that tekker will always give you shit swords
    (BlueFyre) tekk something and about one in five its a different item.
    Ok, obviously I've been missing something very important concerning PSO's game mechanics. Can anyone clarify some of this?

First I've heard there are three different tekkers... so I assume one is good for force weapons, one for guns and one for swords. Which is which? Is it based on section ID? I have the fat tekker with a pipe sticking out of the corner of his mouth... is he good for swords? Which section id's get which tekker?

OK, let's say you're soloing offline v.hard... and maybe twice per level you need to come back up to town to unload all the rares... what's a good procedure to follow to make sure your items get id'ed properly?

Please help explain some of this to me... I'm really confused .
    [addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Zephyr on 2001-03-07 19:39 ]</font>

Veteran Fighter

Well, that's one theory... o.O
    I think I'd be really stupid if they did that tho... Personally, I think Chaos1's full of himself
    Just trying to BS less experienced players, a typical jerk. What do you guys think?

Unless something if fooked up with my PSO, that's not the case.

I own two DCs and I create online games so I can bring my "Special Weapon" to the tekker that has the best identification ability for that particular weapon type.

I have ID my Vise, Justice, Visk and Varista by the appropriate Tekker and never did they turn into a Unique rare.

I will try this theory again tonight. Doubt it holds any water.

Umm... No. That's just BS. A weapon will always be the same weapon when you repeatedly take it to the tekker. The only thing that changes are the + and the %. You can use it to raise the %s of a weapon, or to change a ???? from one effect to another, but that's all you can do. The weapon will still be the same weapon, just with different details. I repeately try weapons with decent % to raise them even higher, if possible.

PSO Assassin

TheHangedMan, I do the same thing to raise photon efficiency percentages. There always seems to be a window of 20% that they will fluctuate. The issue isn't whether a rare will become a different rare from repeatedly checking with the same tekker... it's whether if you go to a totally different tekker (in a different game I guess) if it can change. Three different people say that's the case in #pso... but I hope it's not true.

Well, I haven't just tried doing it again with the same tekker. I've saved weapons and brought them to completely different tekkers hoping that one of the other tekkers would give me better %. I did this with the last two double sabers I received, which were still double sabers every single time. I have a friend who does the same thing with Flowen's, and I've held on to other things between games. They're always the same weapon.

dude, it can't change. You can equip special weapons before you identify them and tell exactly what they are. That varista won't turn into a rifle. That double saber won't change colors. He is bullshitting you.

Just to add to this, and answer the question that's been ignored thus far, there are 10 different Tekkers. One corosponding to each Section ID. The Tekker of any given game is determined by who created the game online. (Offline, you're restricted to the tekker that corosponds to your Section ID).

Anyway, as for your Tekker, yes, he's specializes in sword. (SKYLY)

No he isn't BSing you... I do this ALOT, and reciently have been coming up with rares more often because of it. This is a game... the mechanics may change after certain events. just because you equip an Item and it shows up as a blue sword does NOT mean the weapon is guaranteed a DB's Saber. Anthro, the reason you may not be getting rare items is because your using a low character, so the rare occurancy isn't as often. and TheHangedMan... your theory is the EXACT same... you yourself said the ???? can change... yet, when you equip the item before you tek it, you can still use the special attack. So if what I'm saying is BS... yours is equally as unbelievable.

*cough*BS*cough*