Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have never seen a weapon change from one type of weapon (let's say a DB's Saber) to another completely different item (Double Saber, for example). The only things I have ever seen effected by multiple tekking is the + and % bonuses.
    If this is true though, and it could be... I have wasted TONS of good rare items because I thought they were crappy DB's and Varistas.

TheHangedMan... your theory is the EXACT same... you yourself said the ???? can change... yet, when you equip the item before you tek it, you can still use the special attack. So if what I'm saying is BS... yours is equally as unbelievable.
    Let me clarify. A ???? can change from a Heart to a Mind, and along the same lines. The strength can change, and you can do the weapon again to get a stronger effect, but I haven't seen the effect itself change. Even if it did, that would simply be the special effect of the weapon. The weapon would never turn into a completely different weapon.

PSO Assassin

Hmmm... I'm going to try testing this some today... I'll emtpy out my bank into a mule character and then fill it completely with ?Special Weapon?s, and then do a little game hopping.

While Im not gonna say anyone is nuts, personally I have tried getting things IDed by different tekkers. The total was about 20 items. NONE of them changed at all.
    While it has not worked for me, Im not saying that it is BS, who knows?
    Zephyr, let us know how you test goes, it will be interesting to hear.

Take Care

PSO Assassin

Ok, the sample is going to be 22 hunter type special weapons, 11 ranger and 6 force. What's funny is you can kind of see my skyly section id at work based on what I managed to get ;p.

I'll get online later and do a little game hopping and I'll report what happens...

PSO Assassin

Well so far it doesn't look too promising. It's the same junk I _always_ get ;p. This is the results of the first pass of tekker id'ing done in my offline game.

9 db's saber
    5 flowen's sword
    4 blade dance
    3 slicer of assasin
    1 broniac

5 varsista
    3 crush bullet
    3 visk
    1 justice

6 club of laconium

I'll try in two or three online games as well... more later.

PSO Assassin

Ok, done... I did SKYLY, WHITILL, REDRIA and PINKAL. Every time the same stuff... bleh =/. I'm sort of glad though -- game jumping with a bank load of weapons to ID is time consuming and boring as hell.
    <addsig>

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Zephyr on 2001-03-08 18:07 ]</font>