Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Quote Originally Posted by Chigun View Post
    Semantics. Sometimes works are hybrids of multiple things, or new spins on what is expected. I know many novels I've read which the publishing industry insists is a mystery, or fantasy, but when you actually get into the content of the story see it contains things far beyond the listed genre. The novel is what it is, crossing the industry's tightly kept boundaries with abandon.

First, who cares what PSO2 is defined as? Does that suddenly change the game mechanics, characters, chat systems, etc? No, it will be the same. The only change at stake here is some people will be satisfied that their definition is the "chosen one". Great... but for the rest of us, so what? I'm still going to get on and do the same things I always do.
    That example you used doesn't apply here. If you wanted to compare what we're talking about with games to books I'd actually say that novels vs novelas, vs comics would be a better comparison. It's about the medium, not the story, and thus, there can easly be defined limits for what makes something a novela instead of a novel, or a comic instead of a short story. For Movies I'd say animated vs live action, for music Digital vs Acoustic, etc.

It matters when the distinction is important, like when someone is looking for more of something (there's been a lot of "What other games like PSO2 are there" threads here and on reddit for instance). For regular conversation it doesn't, MMO has become coliqual for any online game and that's fine, but if people want to get technical, based on the criteria required to define an mmo without covering every online game ever, PSO2 isn't an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon28 View Post
    back on topic

twitter update
    rough translation:
    [Continued] currently, DDoS attacks by third parties becoming a lull a situation is. Still, to resume the service in June we are gearing up for.

basically the DDoS attacks have decreased a lot (slowed down/at a lull). They are gearing up to resume service sometime in June.

Next report will be *tommorow at 2 AM PST (5 am EST )* (that's 6/28 19:00 JST)
    Updating the original post with this info. Just got back from watching the new Transformers.