Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ShinMaruku View Post
    3 things
    This is not a MMO stop calling this game that, MMOs are a shit genre with people who make block 20 look like saints.
    Then what would the game be classified as? If you are going to have a rebuttal at least provide more information.

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    you havent play mmos by OGplanet have you?
    Can't say I've ever played a MMO by some obscure company I've ever heard of in my entire life. Never will, either.
    3 things

1. Most don't work on weekends regardless, they have automation and the odd person singing in.

2. This is not a MMO stop calling this game that, MMOs are a shit genre with people who make block 20 look like saints.

3. :E
    How to play WOW:
    Sit in major city(lobby), enter dungeons from said city(lobby), kill things inside dungeon, collect loot, repeat.

How to play FF14:
    Sit in major city(lobby), enter dungeons from said city(lobby), kill things inside dungeon, collect loot, repeat.

How to play Tera:

How to play rift:

How to play PSO2:

Seems like a MMO to me.
    Last edited by Shiyo; Jun 26, 2014 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by windorf View Post
    Then what would the game be classified as? If you are going to have a rebuttal at least provide more information.
    MMO's key word is MASSIVELY.
    No where is this game massive outside of the lobbies where people generally fap about. In the actually game play ay most you will have is 11 other people with you and most of the time you have 3 others with you, is that massive? No one of the key criteria for MMO is you play in expansive zone with hundreds of people exploring. This game is a instanced co-op mult iplayer game, which can allow for much smarter mechanics and designs than the standard MMO will get. (Wildstar looking like a disco,wow having keep out of da fiah)

Too much people are throwing that word around too lightly. We need a hard definition because this game in no way behaves like a MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Spoiler!
    The difference?

Open field where the entire server can go flood it when a GM summons some top class boss vs actual fighting field limited to a max of 12 people.

PSO2 is classified as MORPG by most Japanese players.
    Last edited by Alenoir; Jun 26, 2014 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by windorf View Post
    Then what would the game be classified as?
    Online Action RPG, or even Co-op Online Action RPG?
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

MMO's key word is MASSIVELY.
    No where is this game massive outside of the lobbies where people generally fap about. In the actually game play ay most you will have is 11 other people with you and most of the time you have 3 others with you, is that massive? No one of the key criteria for MMO is you play in expansive zone with hundreds of people exploring. This game is a instanced co-op mult iplayer game, which can allow for much smarter mechanics and designs than the standard MMO will get. (Wildstar looking like a disco,wow having keep out of da fiah)

Too much people are throwing that word around too lightly. We need a hard definition because this game in no way behaves like a MMO.
    Have you ever played a MMO created after 2005?

Either way, thanks for the random derail for no reason I guess.

I think servers won't be up by june and they'll say "Will resume service in july"
    Hopefully I'm wrong, I'd like to play.
    Last edited by Shiyo; Jun 26, 2014 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Have you ever played a MMO created after 2005?
    Any of them that is instanced based and does not have masive wide open areas where I can see over 20 people interacting with the environment I won't call a MMO either. Those two I'd take shots at. Now Tera, that shit is MASSVIE I can call that a MMO, Kutst I mean Wildstar I seen many mooks running around that's a fucking MMO. A disco filled MMO but a MMO all the same.

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

it's a bad game

I'm in agreement with ShinMaruku, it's an "online rpg" not an MMO & thank goodness. If I'm not mistaken Sega even advertises it as an "online rpg".

I'd be very surprised if they managed to get the servers back up before the end of June, hoping though.