Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Default Ideas for skills to make HU's Guard Stance and FI's status skills more useful

So what, I enjoy being creative, sue me

Personally, I feel that HU's Guard Stance and FI's status skills could be made much more useful and viable if there were some new skills added, so I came up with some.

For Guard Stance, these skills:
    Spoiler!

For Fighter's status-related skills, these skills:
    Spoiler!

Edit: Arksenth pointed out an exploit with those FI skills, so I'm appending this effect to all four: The status afflicted to yourself by this skill cannot be cured.

For the Hunter skills, you have to make the ability to not die REALLY worth it to choose over a nearly 200% bonus to damage. Part of the problem with that is there's not a whole lot you can do with 'not dying', hence the support-oriented skills and others. For the Fighter skills, all of the self-status related skills are extremely unreliable - something negative needs to happen to you to be able to use those skills, which is okay, except for the fact that you can't count on it happening anywhere. I believe the above skills would remedy that in an interesting way, while additionally making the Chase Advance skills more viable at the same time.
    What do you guys think? inb4 oddly upset reply(ies)
    Last edited by Maenara; Jul 2, 2014 at 03:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

The FI passives would make TE/FI the most OP buffer ever lawl. Considering Super Treatment lasts 30 seconds, infinite unconditional PP for your entire MPA? Do want.

Quote Originally Posted by Arksenth View Post
    The FI passives would make TE/FI the most OP buffer ever lawl. Considering Super Treatment lasts 30 seconds, infinite unconditional PP for your entire MPA? Do want.
    It could be made so the statuses afflicted by those skills can't be cured, which would both prevent abusing Super Treatment, and other people accidentally taking away your status when you don't want them to.

Edit: Added a note for that to the main post.
    Last edited by Maenara; Jul 2, 2014 at 03:35 PM.

reported.

All your ideas are great, fun, interesting, skill based and don't rely on bland boring % dmg modifiers.

These are exactly the type of skills we should have in skill trees, instead of what we currently have.

A lot of issues with Hunter and Fighter stances would be fixed if they simply weren't stances to begin with.

Pretty Good would be more useful if it actually increased the duration of status effects, including the time between ticks so you don't flinch so often. Perhaps when it's maxed, or as a separate 1SP skill (replacing Guard Stance Burn/Poison) the negative effect can be completely removed despite still technically being inflicted. This works better with Fighter's SE skills, but even alone it confers SE immunity much better than before.

Fighter should get an active self-injury skill that both counts as SE and reduced health for Deadline. Maybe make it AoE and work on bosses for Chase while we're at it.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    A lot of issues with Hunter and Fighter stances would be fixed if they simply weren't stances to begin with.
    Personally, I think the stances add an interesting element to gameplay. What the problem really is, is Sega doesn't know how to make it so it's worth speccing both of them equally, rather than one way more than the other, ultimately creating a type of split like the kind we see in Braver with katanas and bows. If stances activated instantly, had no duration, and designed to be always one or the other, I think it would be a little better.

reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    Personally, I think the stances add an interesting element to gameplay. What the problem really is, is Sega doesn't know how to make it so it's worth speccing both of them equally, rather than one way more than the other, ultimately creating a type of split like the kind we see in Braver with katanas and bows. If stances activated instantly, had no duration, and designed to be always one or the other, I think it would be a little better.
    They already have the coding for instant activation stances, wand lovers does it. Every stance needs to be as fast, not sure why they aren't.

Guard Stance can't be fixed without crippling the Fury Stance tree and reorganizing it so that your offense bonuses aren't all conveniently dumped in one place. It's less the fault of Guard Stance being bad (go try it -- it's actually pretty bonkers when you spec full defense) and more an issue of Fury Stance being OP (especially combined with Automate Halfline).

Re: your FI skills, that would be terribly messy since Shock interrupts you where Poison and Burn do not, and Panic... yikes. I'm not opposed to buffs to inflicting effects, but hitting yourself with some effects is too much.

Panic wearing off is more annoying than getting Panicked in the first place tbqh imho
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Fun fact: I almost put down a ice-freeze skill for FI. Halfway through, I was like '...wait...', and then I facepalmed pretty hard. So I added in the light and dark instead. Would wind-mirage be a better alternative.

reported.