Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TauAkiou View Post
    I'm using a Verizon Wireless mobile broadband connection, and connected just fine to both the website AND game server.

My traceroute through Comcast indicates that my connection is dying within Comcast's infrastructure. It's not even reaching Japan, which indicates that Comcast is doing something, or they are blocking connections to SEGA's infrastructure as a security measure.

Before jumping to an IP Ban conclusion, I would recommend running your own trace to pso2.jp and seeing how it plays out.

Do you have a copy or pastebin of the trace route please?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Do you have a copy or pastebin of the trace route please?

The one on the left is my Mobile Broadband trace, and the one on the right is my Comcast trace. I removed some of the personally identifying stuff from the trace log (not that it matters much.) but this is generally what I saw.

Logging succesfuly from Japan here.

Quote Originally Posted by TauAkiou View Post

The one on the left is my Mobile Broadband trace, and the one on the right is my Comcast trace. I removed some of the personally identifying stuff from the trace log (not that it matters much.) but this is generally what I saw.
    That's failing pretty early in that traceroute too. That's pretty damning that comcast is actively blocking it and not the other way around.

Verizon FiOs, working fine. I'm still getting the occasional dc every now and then whenever I switch blocks, but its looking good so far.
    ”If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident.“

Work computer. ISP: Bell Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamishi View Post

Work computer. ISP: Bell Canada.
    Another in country\route failure. Also,

This message from my proxy at work might be a good indicator as to what it is. It appears to be an infrastructure problem...

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "No route to host http pso2.jp "
    The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

might just be me but this is looking less and less like an ip ban

Quote Originally Posted by aceoyame View Post
    That's failing pretty early in that traceroute too. That's pretty damning that comcast is actively blocking it and not the other way around.
    Actually, I'd say it's the opposite. The last listed point before and endless number of timeouts is the last step before japan, so it'd be the first node in japan that's actively blocking the international connections. Other japanese sites are fine, it's specifically pso2.jp and in turn pso2 that are affected it seems (I fall under the umbrella of affected people, as is basically everybody I know).