Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Think this could be a PSO2 Replacement?

Looks like PSO2 (or more like a rip-off), has a story line, supports gamepads, PC and PS4 cross-play, F2P.

http://onigiri.cyberstep.com/download/index.html

Not really. PSO2 is cool because muh sci-fi/fantasy hybrid mishmash I can play as a robot goddammit. That game just looks like fanservice fantasy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derpington View Post
    Not really. PSO2 is cool because muh sci-fi/fantasy hybrid mishmash I can play as a robot goddammit. That game just looks like fanservice fantasy shit.
    I know it's been a while since we've all played the game, but do you remember how most people "dress" their female character in PSO2? SEGA offers plenty of fanservice themselves.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Imma try it. Though, it's probably full of kids.

Note that I said that pso2 is cool cause sci-fi/fantasy mishmash, which makes up for the fanservice anime stuff. Sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Looks like PSO2 (or more like a rip-off), has a story line, supports gamepads, PC and PS4 cross-play, F2P.

http://onigiri.cyberstep.com/download/index.html
    Yeah... I played the Japanese open beta for a while - I enjoyed it! That's probably the game I'll head to if I get banned and/or quit PSO2 for whatever reason that may be. Or there's always Blade and Soul (for me anyway).

Export your in-game character from Onigiri as MMD Model Data.
    This feature is currently in Beta, but please enjoy!
    But where is the IMPORT feature??
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Asuka~ View Post
    Yeah... I played the Japanese open beta for a while - I enjoyed it! That's probably the game I'll head to if I get banned and/or quit PSO2 for whatever reason that may be. Or there's always Blade and Soul (for me anyway).
    I would be playing Blade & Soul right now if there were a version I could connect to without horrible latency.

Unfortunately, completely unlike PSO2, it's one of those games that's super-sensitive to your latency. Connecting from a foreign location guarantees a sub-par experience, even if you use a VPN or booster service to mitigate it. I still managed to get two characters to level cap in the Chinese version despite this, which is a testament of the game's strength, but at this point I'm basically waiting for the hopefully-still-happening Western version just so I can play without that awful, awful latency.

Of course, the JP version is kind of an option, but it's P2P, sooo...

ive been playing the japanese open beta. *sony doesnt ban foreign people* so yea ill probably try it.
    Meta77 and Melissa- The Ultimate dream team *in any game* aka cheesy duck and icecream bunny.
    Meta77-Level 150 FF: Human/M
    Metal Meta77-Level 150MG: Cast/M
    Neo Meta77-Level 149 MT: Newman/M
    Kasumi77-Level 64 F: Cast/F

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    But where is the IMPORT feature??
    The character creation is pretty limited, so I would assume you won't be able to import ever in the game.

------

It does feel a bit like PSO2, you have basic attacks per weapon, 4 quick-weapon switch setups, and special attacks (PAs) per weapon.
    You get outfits you can equip to make your character all cute or w/e. (There's also a nude-mod like PSO2 got!)

But it's overall pretty lacking. The collision boxes are non-existent, and the hitboxes are really deceptive. The weapons have limited techniques, and most of them are pretty useless in general. The gameplay feels much slower, especially without anything like step-canceling. This makes it pretty annoying to dodge out of the way of monsters who just walk toward you (and damage you while they walk), which makes it much easier to just use a bow or wand and range fight everything in the game.
    I was entering lv 12~ hard mode (instead of the intended normal) dungeons as lv 4, and it wasn't really hard cause I could kite everything with a bow, and hitstun them too.

Monsters spawn in set areas, and the respawn timers are really high so if your bad you could have things constantly aggroing on your back. This combined with no real knockback or anything while getting hit and you might not even notice ranged monsters hitting you.

Game feels much more repetitive then PSO2 as well.

The story from what I've been through seems cliche and the presentation of it's visual novel-like scenes don't feel well made. (Much worse than Compile Heart game dialogue scenes)
    Seems a bit buggy on story dialogue too, where lines cut into each other, last longer then they should, and don't display the text long enough either.
    Very unpolished in this regard. (Although I think its still in Beta?)

Since it's F2P and a relatively small download, you could check the game out if you wish. Just don't expect anything amazing.
    Just my 2cents