Page 1 of 29 123411 ... LastLast

Default Let's be realistic...in the event of a foreign IP ban...

I'm going to lay this out in the most straight forward manner I can, but make the best effort to not let this be a ditto of other doom & gloom type threads.

The fact of the matter is, Japan-side we are having little to no trouble connecting to the game. Sometimes the servers show up as "Unknown" but that doesn't impede us from still successfully reaching our character select and logging on. Occasionally we get a "630" when switching lobbies as well, though that hasn't happened to me since early yesterday. I am having zero issues connecting on the vita as well. I just recently patched my vita PSO2 up-to-date and was able to get in with no issue. Currently I run under NTT Fiber Optic internet, filtered through Asahi Net (and internet provider). In Japan we must acquire both an ISP and an internet portal login service as separate services. It's a pain in the ass, but anyway...

I have seen two methods for foreign players (mostly observed through this forum) to be able to connect to the game...

- Through the use of a VPN.

With rumors fast spreading on this method resulting in a ban...this doesn't seem like a very viable or popular option for many people. As a foreign player your account details are likely "faked" and therefore it's highly unlikely you'll get soft treatment in the event they look in your direction with the use of the VPN.

- If you possess Verizon FIOS.

Verizon FIOS is not available everywhere. In fact it's available in very little areas as far as I've researched in terms of coverage in the US. This is simply not an option at all for many who are unlucky enough to not be in an area that provides it.

I have seen no reports of any other ISP or method allowing connections to the game. I'm not going to outright state that this is an IP ban or some form of "gaijin block", but let's be a bit realistic here...this doesn't look good.

So now I'm here to pose my ultimate question, and before I do I want to clarify something. Don't bother coming in just to say "There's no proof of an IP ban/IP block/ISP block". All I'm addressing is what I see, and asking a question to those affected.

In the event that this is a measure meant to prevent foreign connections, what will you do next?

- Will you continue to attempt to connect to the game through VPN or other means despite supposed risks?

- Would you switch to Verizon FIOS given it was available to your home?

- Will you quit?

I honestly ask this out of curiosity, because at the moment, for all intents and purposes and regardless of what the real problem is...the foreign community is essentially dead.

B-20 is empty (impossibru). My entire team is dead (mostly North Americans). You can say whatever you want, make whatever theory you like, but I'm telling you what this looks like, and as far as I can tell...the foreigners are getting the shit-end of the stick.

So...to repeat my question...

In the event that this is a measure meant to prevent foreign connections, what will you do next?
    Last edited by Zipzo; Jun 28, 2014 at 07:19 PM.

I'll use a VPN (probably a paid one). If I do get banned somewhere along the line - I'll quit. B-020... I logged in and went there earlier today, there was someone talking to themselves! (It wasn't me, clearly)
    Last edited by Asuka~; Jun 28, 2014 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Quote pls

6 months from now when foreigners are STILL IP blocked people here will still be deluding themselves into thinking that it's not an IP block.

I don't think its a large scale IP ban. Someone mentioned an infrastructure issue which is possible in the event of a sustained DDOS attack, the backbone providers (Level3 etc) could limit access to websites/services completely in which case, there is some hope if this is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_bob View Post
    6 months from now when foreigners are STILL IP blocked people here will still be deluding themselves into thinking that it's not an IP block.
    I don't think SEGA would half ass an IP block like this.
    Been playing fine from Australia with no VPN since the servers came back, I doubt they would just IP block America, or just not IP block Australia, seems silly no?

In the scenario you paint, what else is there to do but quit and move on to some other game? Seems like a pointless question to me.

I'd quit. I have no business with a company that doesn't want me there.

Don't really believe in IP ban in this case though, probably still being attacked by the DDoS so they have some kind of outside Japan protection for minimizing the DDoS right now until they can figure out what to do about it.

However I get the "unknown" for server, but I didn't really tried hard to connect. I'd rather play a smooth game than a clunky-barely-connect-game. So I'll wait out.

I wish everyone would wait until everything goes back to normal with the servers before all the grim talk.
    However as it stands, I will quit the game for an indefinite amount of time. Not worth the hassle.

As much as i love pso. it was a good run but id just move on to another game and give sega jp a big f u. and hope other bad things happen to them from time to time.
    Meta77 and Melissa- The Ultimate dream team *in any game* aka cheesy duck and icecream bunny.
    Meta77-Level 150 FF: Human/M
    Metal Meta77-Level 150MG: Cast/M
    Neo Meta77-Level 149 MT: Newman/M
    Kasumi77-Level 64 F: Cast/F

I'd quit. No real loss honestly.