Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 LastLast

Default the Netherlands

Hey guys would anyone know if my country (the Netherlands) has been ip blocked?

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

You can always try going to the website and if it loads up yer golden but if not well sucks to have whatever company as your internet provider (ip).

@Topic# Majority doesn't give two shits about it anymore and moved on from pso2

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin View Post
    You can always try going to the website and if it loads up yer golden but if not well sucks to have whatever company as your internet provider (ip).

@Topic# Majority doesn't give two shits about it anymore and moved on from pso2
    Yeah. Unfortunately I think I'm going to go ahead and uninstall. I'll know for sure this time next week whether I'll be building a stronger machine or not so in case I'm able to connect to pso2.jp (which would happen after I uninstall with my luck) again I'll just reinstall there. Was nice while it lasted otherwise.
    PSO2 Screenshot Albums: Here

I was about to sign up for AWS, but decided not to.

If the NA PSO2 is coming out, I'll lose all my stuff here from the resulting IP Ban.
    If NA PSO2 is not coming out, I have other games to play. (Black Desert coming out in the winter). No point playing in the japanese server if the majority of the international community aren't there...

That's a poor outlook if you ask me.

And a misguided one as well.

How would you get IP banned if you used AWS? That would assume they knew your account specifically was a foreign one.

AWS gives you a japanese IP address if you follow the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    That's a poor outlook if you ask me.

And a misguided one as well.

How would you get IP banned if you used AWS? That would assume they knew your account specifically was a foreign one.

AWS gives you a japanese IP address if you follow the guide.
    Hmm! You're referring to my quote right? I'm well aware about how AWS works.
    My point is that AWS is free for 1 year. Unless you want to dish out payments, you'll have to resort to VPN (scary) to continue playing after that time period.

Assuming you won't get bored of pso2 after 1 year, of course.

And if the NA version is coming out some time after that 1 year, all NA players will be region-blocked... just like what happened with the SEA version. You'll pretty much lose your account from there unless you want to pay for a dedicated VPN service.

AWS is dirt cheap though. So my logic doesn't apply to people who actually have cash to spend.
    Last edited by holmwood; Aug 9, 2014 at 02:35 PM.

Well that's a year from now.

I think making a decision now for something that is better made a year from now is meh, and the belief that PSO2 NA is coming out is a tad bit misguided, at least based on the information that's floating around. I'm aware that NA could announce it tomorrow, but the odds are unlikely that PSO2 is coming to NA anytime soon.

It also assumes that NA users will be IP blocked like SEA users, when the common belief is that ASIASOFT is more responsible for the IP block than Sega is.

Who is to say that the publisher in NA will fight for an IP block?

There are a lot of if/ands/maybes that assumptions would have to be made.

I personally just think you should enjoy your year of the game via free AWS. If you don't trust VPN than look into something else maybe?

I just feel like you're worrying about something prematurely.

beating an oodan to death with an eternal psychodrive

why would they need to fight for an ip block when over half of the na region has to go through hoops to connect right now anyway
    100% certified quality post

the pso-world forums are a pvp-enabled zone

So that the remaining survivors are slain as well!

And that's what scape dolls are for ; )