Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17242526272829 LastLast

Default oh dear O_O

Spoiler!

And if any of the above offends anyone, just don't click the spoiler thing to read it. Thanks!

(My signature is severely old. Just ignore it)
    Game: Phantasy Star Online 2 (JP servers)
    Ship: 02
    Account: Will_Smith
    Character: Rei (07H/08R/09F)
    -LF more English-speaking friends
    -R.I.P. @ SEGA NA

Quote Originally Posted by darkwraith007 View Post
    Spoiler!

And if any of the above offends anyone, just don't click the spoiler thing to read it. Thanks!

(My signature is severely old. Just ignore it)
    Read through this
    www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220812
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Well that's a year from now.

I think making a decision now for something that is better made a year from now is meh, and the belief that PSO2 NA is coming out is a tad bit misguided, at least based on the information that's floating around. I'm aware that NA could announce it tomorrow, but the odds are unlikely that PSO2 is coming to NA anytime soon.

It also assumes that NA users will be IP blocked like SEA users, when the common belief is that ASIASOFT is more responsible for the IP block than Sega is.

Who is to say that the publisher in NA will fight for an IP block?

There are a lot of if/ands/maybes that assumptions would have to be made.

I personally just think you should enjoy your year of the game via free AWS. If you don't trust VPN than look into something else maybe?

I just feel like you're worrying about something prematurely.
    Region block is common for games licensed in the NA. So I'm not going to put my bet on PSO2 being the exception. That would be newsworthy wouldn't it.

And yes, you are right about enjoying the game while we still got the free AWS.
    Even if AWS runs out, it's dirt cheap to resume service. I could toil a bit on Amazon Mechanical Turk and have a couple weeks worth of playtime in just an hour of effort. So that doesn't seem to be my central issue.

I think maybe my biggest concern is the fact that I can't enjoy the game without all these hoops to go through. And from what I hear about the reduction in international players in-game, it seems others share that same sentiment.

Tldr: I'm just brooding.
    Last edited by holmwood; Aug 9, 2014 at 03:34 PM.

The international players have been coming back. Slowly, but most definitely.

More so the dedicated players are jumping through hoops and the summer teenyboppers arent bothering anymore.

I think the hoops are a minute problem compared to the gains, but that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    The international players have been coming back. Slowly, but most definitely.

More so the dedicated players are jumping through hoops and the summer teenyboppers arent bothering anymore.

I think the hoops are a minute problem compared to the gains, but that's me.
    It'd be better if it was more intuitive. ~_~ I really applaud Limni's effort to simplify it for stupid people like me though.

It's nice to hear that more people are coming back. I guess it'll take a while for me to warm up to the idea.
    Last edited by holmwood; Aug 9, 2014 at 03:45 PM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Would rather jump through a couple hoops or quit than play on a private server... <_<;;;

I SEE HOW PHANTASY STAR FANS GET WHEN THEY GET A LITTLE BIT OF POWER!

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by holmwood View Post
    And if the NA version is coming out some time after that 1 year, all NA players will be region-blocked... just like what happened with the SEA version. You'll pretty much lose your account from there unless you want to pay for a dedicated VPN service.
    Taiwan has a regional version of PSO2 that is handled by a company other than Asiasoft, and they are not IP blocked from PSO2JP.

In other words, it depends if Sega outsources publishing to a company in NA that demands IP blocks.

Spoiler!

If there is no NA release and this continues I'd just play on a private server.
    I really see no reason to jump through a bunch of hoops if they don't want me on their server I don't want to be on it.
    100% Embarrassed of my Past | Lab Rat | PSU Offline | PSO Ultima

Quote Originally Posted by Yamishi View Post
    Taiwan has a regional version of PSO2 that is handled by a company other than Asiasoft, and they are not IP blocked from PSO2JP.

In other words, it depends if Sega outsources publishing to a company in NA that demands IP blocks.

Spoiler!

YEP. PRETTY MUCH THIS.

>implying things on psow

Quote Originally Posted by Yamishi View Post

Spoiler!
    That is very true. We can't directly assume Sega America will mandate a region block from the japanese servers.

What bothers me is that Sega Japan region-blocked the registration form a while back. This was around the same time Sega America were/was (grammar lols) releasing news about the NA version... Maybe they decided to re-enable it once PSO2 NA was delayed. Who knows. Im not sure that's conspiracy worthy.

I apologize for fear mongering.