Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by btw-Niji View Post
    Strange, huh?
    No, allow me to explain using this scientific diagram.

Spoiler!

i can only speak for me and my friends here, but we are 5 people across europe who were checking the page on a 30 mins basis during that time. and after the initial downtime it was reachable for all of us for several days until the last maintenance that lead to the server reopening. from that point noone could connect except one lucky guy who uses T-online. and this makes total sense. T-online has their own infra structure in germany and it is the only ISP stubborn enough to not cooperate with a company like sega. yes, its all speculation but from my point of view its the most likely story.
    and the problem really is this: why would sega care? they tollerated us in the first place. but i am sure we gaijins made a sub 1% fraction of the monthly revenue. So we have no real value to them. and it would cost alot of time and money to lift those ip blocks, look into each region and manualy block finer ip ranges according to the real source of the DDOS. On top, this is typical Japanese thinking. if there exist problems on the outside, isolate your self.

I don't know if this matters, but I was able to access the site once after the servers went back up.
    I saw the threads of people having trouble accessing the site and pso2, so I checked the site and it loaded, but only the html version. So, I tried a refresh, and after that, the site hasn't worked since. So, for me, it wasn't blocked from the moment the servers went back up. Maybe this information is in anyway useful?
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic41657_37.gif

BO is useless. RIP PUGs. btw-Niji's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Was PSO2.jp reachable for just you? Or for everyone? Because it wasnt and still isnt reachable for me. Both before the game servers came online, and afrod.
    Myself and 7 other people on Skype could connect to pso2.jp just fine before the game servers went up that night... and after everything went online, we could no longer connect to the website.
    #1 PSOW Poster 2014 (Voted by Shiyo and infiniteeverlasting)

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failurelol View Post
    You wanna continue feel free to message me in game anytime you want. Failurelol/Failure/12512110. Ill be more than happy to make you cry and commit suicide you worthless keyboard warrior monitor tan weeabo LOOOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sychosis View Post
    No, allow me to explain using this scientific diagram.

Spoiler!
    Okay. I legit laughed.

I love you for this.

Quote Originally Posted by btw-Niji View Post
    Myself and 7 other people on Skype could connect to pso2.jp just fine before the game servers went up that night... and after game went online, we could no longer connect to the website.
    Fair enough. My only counter-response to that is what Sychosis posted, but in a far less...hilarious but slightly patronizing fashion.

The big issue is that despite all this digging we're doing, no one has anything concrete or official and even the sysadmin niggas on the board can only figure out so much because we're mere mortals to lack access to the God's Realm (SegaC Server Infra).

So yeah. All we really can do at this point IS wait. Unless someone is wanting to do some super sleuthing or some shit, or head down to SoJ's building, bust through the doors, and demand answers or else people will get hurt.
    Last edited by GHNeko; Jul 1, 2014 at 02:54 PM.

yes, we can only wait but if we cannot connect after tonights maintenece it really might be GAME OVER for us gaijins.

On a side note, i also talked to my isp yesterday and they are investitating. I could allways switch isp and play again without problems, but with the majority of us not able to connect, the game is nearly ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by ZooL View Post
    yes, we can only wait but if we cannot connect after tonights maintenece it really might be GAME OVER for us gaijins.
    You seem to be misunderstanding. This is not an issue SEGA has any control over (technically they could speed it up if they wanted to but they do not have any obligation to do so). This issue will sort itself out on its own.

The Japanese are not wringing their hands, plotting your demise.

As an aside, the idea of there being a threat monitoring service that telcoms subscribe to is something I never even thought of but makes absolutely perfect sense. Like the Associated Press, but with less news and more PANIC.

Chill Out you guys really need to
    PSO2.JP likely has the same protection as PSO2 Right now you want to know why?
    because Sega is making sure there Cash shop/ AC buying section is secure before they re open there servers to the rest of the world

as for those of you who thinks sega hates money your wrong what there priorities right now is getting anything that makes them cash back online and secure
    the english community even if Sakai likes us is the Last thing on there list to please
    to live you must kill something for food whether it be a plant or an animal all life depends on the cycle of death.
    "Life is a fleeting dream but Death is eternal"

Well that's the exact reason I had to contact my isp and get them to investigate. Seemed a lot of people were banking on the maintenance to open the doors to the majority of us foreigners. While there is that possibility, if it doesn't happen tonight I can see the community getting desperate and jumping the gun on vpn's and other such methods. Problem is, if it is on our end and not sega's and everyone gets themselves banned it will be the same exact shit when the servers get off the black list and you would have been able to get on, no body left. I'm pretty frustrated too, but I know for sure what I can do, and thats to make sure I cause my isp as much aggravation and to be the biggest pain in the ass I can and make them do some work to make sure it's not just us. Also I haven't been able to access the site since they said their site was also getting attacked. So I guess it could be whatever backbones our various isp's fall under.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyuki_Kamiko View Post
    Chill Out you guys really need to
    PSO2.JP likely has the same protection as PSO2 Right now you want to know why?
    because Sega is making sure there Cash shop/ AC buying section is secure before they re open there servers to the rest of the world

as for those of you who thinks sega hates money your wrong what there priorities right now is getting anything that makes them cash back online and secure
    the english community even if Sakai likes us is the Last thing on there list to please
    Well, we know that some things, such as error 107, are caused by their "measures". We know that because Sega directly addressed them. By writing about them on the site that we can't access.

If the site really was accidentally hit by those measures, you'd think Sega would at least mention it, instead of linking to it from their it-tells page and blog when talking about other problems that were caused by their DDoS protection.