Page 22 of 77 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324253272 ... LastLast

Thanks for all the help, and I got the game to download+load without any problems. I'm also getting Error 249 though - takes a long time load ships (with status Unknown) and login also takes a long time before the error shows up.

Things I've checked - correct me if I get the terminology terribly wrong, still learning about this!

Using Proxycap atm.

Instance location(?). Tokyo, yep. I'm getting a "Note: Your instances will launch in the Asia Pacific (Tokyo) region" and it's in the ap-northeast Availability Zone.
    To double-check, I tried going on the PSO2 JP site normally and failed. Put Chrome on the list of programs routed through on ProxyCap and it works, public IP changed as well.
    Other programs that have the same proxy rule applied: Tweaker, pso2.exe, pso2launcher.exe, pso2updater.exe.

Edit: Running normal patcher results in scanning+downloads, so I'm going to see if that's an issue first. Just redownloaded and didn't English patch yet, so I might be missing some files?

Second edit: Patched, works fine now. Had to enter in a confirmation code due to different IP, presumably, but no biggie.
    Last edited by Kuryaka; Jul 7, 2014 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nanamin View Post
    Thanks for the followup guide. One question:
    Are there any reasons to use VPN connections rather than SSH? As they say, SSH tunneling is the "poor mans version of VPN", the end result is nearly equal right? Or am I missing something?

P.S.
    I'm planning on buying a Raspberry Pi, and setup a personal server at my family's home in Japan when I'm there in November. SSH tunneling would be ultra easy since it is installed by default on most Linux distros, but VPN is a bit of a hassle.

EDIT: Ok, so I did some research on the topic, and it seems as VPN is able to handle UDP packets better than SSH. What I'm not for certain, is whether PSO2 utilizes UDP, or it just uses TCP.
    PSO2 uses TCP, almost all MMO do use TCP, FPS usually do UDP cause of the massive data and speed needed.
    A tunnel is a tunnel, both works in similar ways, but I think it mostly depends on what tools you want to use. PPTP has built in support in windows whilst SSH requires "external" tools. Also, SSH-tunnels rely on SOCKS proxies, so with the original guide in this post, you virtually set up two "tunnels", or even three.

PSO2 --> Proxifier (or similar) --> Putty --> Amazon AWS --> PSO2 Servers

However, with a pptp host, its only:

PSO2 --> Amazon AWS (by iptable-routing and PPTP Connection) --> PSO2 Servers

Which should result in less ping and less data/packet overhead, however, in this case, the ping is so high anyway, so it might not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuryaka View Post
    Thanks for all the help, and I got the game to download+load without any problems. I'm also getting Error 249 though - takes a long time load ships (with status Unknown) and login also takes a long time before the error shows up.

Things I've checked - correct me if I get the terminology terribly wrong, still learning about this!

Using Proxycap atm.

Instance location(?). Tokyo, yep. I'm getting a "Note: Your instances will launch in the Asia Pacific (Tokyo) region" and it's in the ap-northeast Availability Zone.
    To double-check, I tried going on the PSO2 JP site normally and failed. Put Chrome on the list of programs routed through on ProxyCap and it works, public IP changed as well.
    Other programs that have the same proxy rule applied: Tweaker, pso2.exe, pso2launcher.exe, pso2updater.exe.

Edit: Running normal patcher results in scanning+downloads, so I'm going to see if that's an issue first. Just redownloaded and didn't English patch yet, so I might be missing some files?

Second edit: Patched, works fine now. Had to enter in a confirmation code due to different IP, presumably, but no biggie.
    Just be shure to check that you're using both UDP and TCP and that PuTTY is running and logged in.
    Else, won't work.

You can also, optionally, use PuTTYTray, to send the program to tray instead of being minimized.

"The only thing necessary for lost data to prevail, is for good men to share nothing."
    Alucard, Internet Bible 03:20:1997

I decided to bite the bullet and tried this out. It worked out beautifully, much props to you OP.

I'm tempted to keep playing as it seems to not add that much latency as I thought. What kind of sorcery is this?

Quote Originally Posted by KakuRoze View Post
    PSO2 uses TCP, almost all MMO do use TCP, FPS usually do UDP cause of the massive data and speed needed.
    A tunnel is a tunnel, both works in similar ways, but I think it mostly depends on what tools you want to use. PPTP has built in support in windows whilst SSH requires "external" tools. Also, SSH-tunnels rely on SOCKS proxies, so with the original guide in this post, you virtually set up two "tunnels", or even three.

PSO2 --> Proxifier (or similar) --> Putty --> Amazon AWS --> PSO2 Servers

However, with a pptp host, its only:

PSO2 --> Amazon AWS (by iptable-routing and PPTP Connection) --> PSO2 Servers

Which should result in less ping and less data/packet overhead, however, in this case, the ping is so high anyway, so it might not matter.
    Could you explain that a bit more? If I wanted a lower ping, how would I go about setting up the better method with PPTP?

hey

i was wondering if you always keep your ip from the first session or will you get always a new one, ones you closed putty and disabled proxacap?

Quote Originally Posted by Berny3000 View Post
    hey

i was wondering if you always keep your ip from the first session or will you get always a new one, ones you closed putty and disabled proxacap?

The IP is based on the Amazon server, so yes, as long you don't disable the instance, the IP will always be the same.

"The only thing necessary for lost data to prevail, is for good men to share nothing."
    Alucard, Internet Bible 03:20:1997

you speak about disabling the instance? you mean on that amazon page right?

Yes, if you disable and re-enable the instance (or create a new one), it will more than likely assign you a new IP address. I wouldn't really consider it a risk to get a new IP address, though, as most people do not have static IP addresses assigned to them, meaning they'll get a new IP any time their modem resets. I think most people are more worried about changing IP address ranges frequently, connecting from different countries frequently probably looks a little sketchy.

At this point is it even worth playing? My god you guys have to go through so much bullshit just to play.

You guys are mad desperate holy shit....