Page 43 of 77 FirstFirst ... 334041424344454653 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ashley50 View Post
    Did you happen to miss a step or two?

You have to follow every step written on the first post on this thread.
    I did, and I've checked it over twice now. I'm going to start at the beginning again later today and see if I can get it working, but other than that I don't know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Limni View Post
    1) Machine MAC addresses are usually not visible outside of your local network (exception with IPv6 which somtimes uses your MAC Address to generate the IP) unless SEGA pulls your MAC from your system then the MAC of your active Wireless or Ethernet card would get sent.

2) You are at risk of losing your IP when stopping an instance but when starting it you might be assigned the same IP if it is still available or another one within AWS. If the IP Address is changed you can just update it in PuTTY and it'll work exactly the same.

3) $1.20 comes from 100 hours of instance time (0.012 * 100). You can freely stop an instance in the AWS Management Console. No limits to how many times you can start/stop a server. It seems low but when you look at it the t2.micro instance is the smallest possible instance available on Amazon with 1 virtulized CPU and 1GB of RAM which is a spec compared to the full processing power the VM Instance is hosted on.

EDIT: Forgot to add that your IP Address is not shared within anyone unless you stop an instance (or it crashes) and it gets assigned to someone else. So long as your instance is active and online you will keep your IP
    whoa whoa whoa hold on. Are you saying we're suppose to keep the program running? So if I want to get off PSO2, shut this VPN down, shut the computer down and call it day, then the same process again the next day, I get a different IP? sorry but im new to these things and I pretty much got the impression when I read that line. So is that what it means?
    Last edited by PSO-Valerie :3; Jul 19, 2014 at 12:43 PM.

I've restarted a few times, so long as the instance is running, it doesn't matter if your computer is on or off, the instance only ends if you tell it to end. unless it crashes on Amazon's end. You have control over whether it ends or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiyousei View Post
    I've restarted a few times, so long as the instance is running, it doesn't matter if your computer is on or off, the instance only ends if you tell it to end. unless it crashes on Amazon's end. You have control over whether it ends or not.
    Thank you, it makes sense now. (。・ω・。)

EDIT: I don't see how it's an issue to pay this service, it's quite cheap. It will be about $1.20 a month, that's not bad at all. Gonna start this today.
    Last edited by PSO-Valerie :3; Jul 19, 2014 at 01:13 PM.

I am screwed DERP. I am on PuTTYgen and I can't find my private key file, the PEM file. You could probably tell I did something wrong.
    Which explains my inability to use technology. (ó㉨ò)

Quote Originally Posted by PSO-Valerie :3 View Post
    I am screwed DERP. I am on PuTTYgen and I can't find my private key file, the PEM file. You could probably tell I did something wrong.
    Which explains my inability to use technology. (ó㉨ò)
    Try starting over or remember where you saved the .pem file.

Quote Originally Posted by ashley50 View Post
    Try starting over or remember where you saved the .pem file.
    I know where the file is, just that when i try to generate the key on FILE in PuTTYgen it does not show up. I'll just start over.

I don't know if this has been answered yet, but whenever I enable the proxycap, the tweaker (and PSO2) are offline and I can't connect. I followed the tutorial when setting it up so I don't know what's going on...

Hey, for this AWS setup, I have successfully connected to the game on my desktop PC to PSO2, but I was curious if I want to setup AWS for my laptop, should I make a new AWS account and everything, or should I just use the same AWS account I've already got and just make a new Putty key and everything.

ok I have proxycap enabled but the tweaker gets an error. If I leave proxycap disabled, it works fine and the tweaker can launch. Other than that, I have not gotten past the tweaker to even know if it works in-game. What's should I do?