Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    I second the notion of the attractiveness of this post. ^_^ -b

Also we got some edgy futhermockers in here. Amusing, if nothing else.
    "O power that lies at the root of all creation, O memory inscribed in ages past, hear my call and arise before me... Ancient Catastrophe! This is the fruit of my research."

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by IndignationSWF View Post
    ...*slow clap*

Extremely delayed Edit;

I forgot to mention, that sig art is very nice, I'm curious where you procured it.
    Last edited by Enforcer MKV; Jul 3, 2014 at 08:41 PM.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Allow me to give this thread a shot.

How Japanese ppl feel bout foreign... Now thats a thick question (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ....
    let me make u a question instead. how do ppl outside japan feel bout Japanese (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ.

The answer as well dsnt seems clear.... at least not to myself (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

I believe there will always b dif opinions....
    Like GHneko said, some will want us there n some not (b it on game, or japan)

buuuuuut in the end i believe that ppl like us ( anime / games / music / anything related to art, the ppl who appreciate it b it, from east or west side, both will give a similar answer~ )

Someone from japan would say

``hell American ppl r awesome! i mean hell look at their movies! / composers /FPS its just epic!``

And an American would b like

``hell japanese r awesome! i mean hell look at their animes / games / game composers! its just epic``

So yeah.... where u were born dsnt make dif..... n i believe even if the world still has alot of ppl who somewhat hate those from the `other side`.... eventually they will extinguish... cauz the numbers compared to a decade ago r pretty smaller.... (so it seems)

Sorry for getting a bit off topic... allow me to give a straight answer.

Atm i believe that `haters` (n b haters i mean racist ppl) on japan arent a lot. as Neko said we cant answer for em but....

Myself who has always been poking at japanese stuffs, got to the conclusion that most Japanese, indeed like foreign... specially American n European ppl.... As for the other countries... it seems they dont know alot about but once again, seems that Japanese ppl are pretty open minded n always welcome something new / different
    (as i said before. This is my Own conclusion)

PS; i only used japanese an American ppl as an example, if we analize, any culture has its awesome points. N IMO, ppl who think their own country / culture is the best.... those ppl arent nice at all.

sowwy for the big txt (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ
    Last edited by Faranth; Jul 3, 2014 at 10:17 PM.

I only have to say this: Who cares?

Who cares what the majority or the minority think of you? All that does is encourage an abusive generalization. You absolutely want to be liked? Well you just have to be the better man/woman and they'll like your presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Searaphim View Post
    I only have to say this: Who cares?

Who cares what the majority or the minority think of you? All that does is encourage an abusive generalization. You absolutely want to be liked? Well you just have to be the better man/woman and they'll like your presence.
    Couldnt agree more (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ
    Generalization is BS (imo at least)
    n indeed~ someone awesome will b awesome anywhere (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

It works like this:

1. People start out with little to no interaction with outsiders. They can only go by what they are told.
    2. The news only reports extreme incidents, otherwise it wouldn't be news. They're not going to tell us about ordinary things happening in other countries.
    3. People form biased expectations of other countries based on those extreme incidents.
    4. Some people will avoid outsiders as a result. Others understand that the world is a big place, don't care, or actually find outsiders fascinating.
    5. When people do meet outsiders themselves, they largely revise their opinion.
    6. Opinion is usually strongly influenced by first impression, but some may leave themselves open to revision.
    7. Language barrier is a significant factor (if you can't communicate properly, people can't tell if you're an asshole or not).
    8. There will always be people who fear anything that is different, or anything they don't understand. It's always simpler to just avoid any kind of discomfort.

You can imagine how the above points apply to PSO2. Or anything, really.

Quick simple example to sum things up:
    News: "Foreign hackers destroy PSO2. Foreigners blocked."
    Reaction of most people who haven't talked to any foreigners: "Phew, I feel safer now." or "Oh, okay."

Reaction of people who've mostly interacted with foreigners who are dicks, or don't care:

Reaction of people who've mostly interacted with foreigners who are nice, or who care:

On an interesting side note, humans often assume animals or people from other countries are stupid, just because they don't speak the same language.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jul 3, 2014 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faranth View Post
    anime / music / anything related to art,

/ composers /

animes / composers! its just epic``

japan American

japanese an American ppl
    (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ
    Using this as an excuse to post this

You cant say this sounds bad.
    If you do your a terrible person.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Mostly off-topic, so I apologize if this heavily derails:

I wish people would stop thinking for the japanese. No. Seriously.
    I really wish we could stop making posts about what the [general] japanese audience thinks as if we're extremely familiar with more than a handful; IF EVEN THAT.

We cant survey a huge portion of them (or rather, no one is going to make the concentrated effort to do so, especially from an unbiased source) and we're not all familiar with Japanese people. The Japanese we are familiar with still results in anecdotal experiences/opinions.

It's also well known that Japan has issues with xenophobia and that there are some extremists among that category who are very nationalistic and frequent the game.

So the actual opinions from JP PSO2 players can easily be on opposite spectrum, but this place is so self-depreciating that I get the heavy feeling that a lot of people are more prone to repeating that the Japanese players (generally) dislike foreigners and it turns into an echo chamber here.

What's up with that?

Like I really dont see the purpose in repeating something that we cant confirm on a massive scale that doesnt come from a heavily skewed/bias source like 2ch or some shit.

I understand there will be JP players who will want us to leave, and JP players who dont mind us, and even JP players who like us there, but we cant get this information on a large enough scale to make generations as frequently as a lot of posters here do.

So wtf man. It's asinine.
    I agree with the general consensus that this post is awesome.

I'm not quite sure why people in the west seem to think so importantly of themselves, like other countries actually have a strong opinion of them. What do people in the US or any other western country think of people from most other countries? They probably don't have a strong opinion of most of them, if not all with maybe a handful of exceptions. Most Japanese probably won't care either way. They probably don't like or dislike most westerners. They are just kind of around in their game.

Honestly though, we have no idea what most Japanese players think of us, so why worry about it? We aren't going to get a clear answer anyway.
    PSO2:
    Kirukia/Mistral
    Ship 2
    Gun Valkyrie

I dunno if it's about Westerners thinking importantly of themselves.
    The ones that think importantly of themselves are more likely to not care what JP people think.

You know, those people who are like, "The world's a free place, I can do whatever I want! Go USA! Freedom!" etc.
    Can't imagine them caring what anyone thinks.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    It works like this:

1. People start out with little to no interaction with outsiders. They can only go by what they are told.
    2. The news only reports extreme incidents, otherwise it wouldn't be news. They're not going to tell us about ordinary things happening in other countries.
    3. People form biased expectations of other countries based on those extreme incidents.
    4. Some people will avoid outsiders as a result. Others understand that the world is a big place, don't care, or actually find outsiders fascinating.
    5. When people do meet outsiders themselves, they largely revise their opinion.
    6. Opinion is usually strongly influenced by first impression, but some may leave themselves open to revision.
    7. Language barrier is a significant factor (if you can't communicate properly, people can't tell if you're an asshole or not).
    8. There will always be people who fear anything that is different, or anything they don't understand. It's always simpler to just avoid any kind of discomfort.

You can imagine how the above points apply to PSO2. Or anything, really.

Quick simple example to sum things up:
    News: "Foreign hackers destroy PSO2. Foreigners blocked."
    Reaction of most people who haven't talked to any foreigners: "Phew, I feel safer now." or "Oh, okay."

Reaction of people who've mostly interacted with foreigners who are dicks, or don't care:

Reaction of people who've mostly interacted with foreigners who are nice, or who care:

On an interesting side note, humans often assume animals or people from other countries are stupid, just because they don't speak the same language.
    Easiest way to look at it, is put yourself in their shoes.

And in a jp player's shoes I wouldn't care that EN players exist. <_<;; they literally only take up a few blocks in one ship, out of 10 ships, and I'd probably be in ship 1.

And as well, they could probably come here and say "why EN players so insecure about our existence like we higher life form that's racist towards them???"

Respecting someones space and not looking like a fuckboy is important, But people that like japanese pop culture in general weaboo or enthusiast or otherwise needa stop putting jp players on a pedestal(for positive OR negative reasons.)

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.