Default adding affix/augument

Hi, I'm relatively new to PSO types of game and I'm really confused with how adding of ability works in game, but read couple of guides explaining how to add stuffs.

For example I bought this new rod Garland and has 1 ability ragne soul in it.
    and I want to add photon magic II, mindII and ragne soul into it.

What is the best procedure to do this? without spending tons of money into it.

Should I try to add until I get 3 random affix slot to my weapon first?

I'm going to assume you're on the SEA version if you're using the term "Photon Magic II" in place of Tech II. Because I'm so used to the JP version though, I'll be using "Tech" instead as I'll probably type it out of habit anyway. :V

I can't say I'm sure exactly how up to date the affixing is on the SEA version, so, I'll go by the old values.

Souls can only be transferred with 2 of them in the affix pool, this will only give a 50% chance of success in transferring the soul. Adding extra slots during affixing though will apply a penalty to the success rates while transferring. Since it's only a one slot weapon, I would suggest getting it to to 3 slots with affixes that have a 100% transfer by default. Most affixes have a 100% transfer rate at their lowest level, but status afflictions, such as burn, freeze and mirage, have a lower transfer rate and aren't recommended. Once you have the weapon at 3 slots, you have a few options:

Junk/junk/junk + Tech/junk/junk + Mind/junk/junk = Tech/Mind/Junk on the target weapon

With a 10% booster, you've got a 49% chance for all three to succeed. With a 20% booster, you have a 64% chance.

Once you've got the target to Tech/Mind/Junk, you just need to transfer the soul.

Ragne/junk/junk + Ragne/Junk/Junk + Tech/Mind/Junk = Ragne/Tech/Mind

With a 10% booster, you have a 29% chance for all three to succeed.... pretty low. With a 20% booster, you have a 45% chance for all to succeed. I would HIGHLY recommend a 20% booster.

The other option is to split the affixes along with a Ragne Soul. This would require getting Ragne Soul onto the weapon once it's at three slots. You would have the target at Ragne/Junk/Junk instead of junk/junk/junk. Remember, it's easier to add the soul AFTER the weapon is at three slots as you won't have to deal with the penalty of adding a slot. Two Ragne souls and a 10% booster gets you a 60% at transferring the soul. For the fodder, you'll want to do this:

Ragne/junk/junk + Ragne/junk/junk + tech/junk/junk = Ragne/tech/junk

Ragne/junk/junk + Ragne/junk/junk + mind/junk/junk = Ragne/mind/junk

You'll have a 42% chance for all to succeed with a 10% booster and a 56% chance with a 20% booster.

With all the fodder and the target set, you'll go for this:

Ragne/junk/junk + Ragne/tech/junk + Ragne/mind/junk = Ragne/Tech/Mind

You have a 44% chance with a 10% booster and a 49% chance with a 20% booster.

With three souls in the affix pool, Ragne Soul has an 80% chance to succeed. Tech and Mind both have 60% chance to succeed at level 2... but they also have the SAME chance at level 3. Because of this, I do suggest going for Tech III/Mind III instead of II if you can. I have no idea what the prices are though, so that could be far more expensive. I wouldn't say it's worth breaking the bank over an extra 10 points. If it's not too much more expensive though, I would highly suggest it.

Another option is to get BOTH fodders to Ragne/tech/mind. While this might seem weird, it gives you the BEST chance at getting all 3 affixes onto the target weapon. If the target weapon is Ragne/junk/junk, then you can have a 100% chance to add all the affixes if bother fodders are Ragne/Tech/Mind. At level 2/3, affixes have a 60% chance to succeed(as mentioned earlier), but have an 80% chance when there are two in the affix pool.

Ragne/junk/junk + Ragne/Tech/Mind + Ragne/Tech/Mind -

With a 10% booster, you'll have a 73% chance for all to succeed. With a 20% booster, it's a 100% chance since all will have an 80% transfer rate.

You COULD also try and chance it from a two slot with something like Mind/Tech + Ragne/junk + Ragne/Junk, but even with a 20% booster, you're looking at a 21% chance of all three making it. I WOULDN'T suggest this route unless you really want to push your luck.

One more thing I want to suggest(along with going with Stat III over Stat II) is going for Stamina instead of Mind. Stamina is more useful than the Body/Reaction/Mind skills as it will give you extra survivability across the board instead of in just one defense stat.

I hope this helped you out and good luck.
    Last edited by NexusAZ; Jul 5, 2014 at 01:08 AM.

wow thanks for the thorough explnation NexusAZ but when do I start upgrading those attributes to techII and mindII? If I'd make a 2nd slot using techII would that still be 100% success rate of slotting it?

I guess I'll go with your option one

what about the other things I've read that I should buy low lvl items then put abilities in it before putting it on my target? how does it work? does it apply to the same options above?