Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast

Default Asked SEGA politely in JP to remove specific IP block: "service is Japan only".

Starting a new topic for sake of easier reading.
    I politely asked SEGA to remove the block on my IP. I didn't tell them I was a foreigner, I just pasted the IP.

This is what they said:
    平素は『ファンタシースターオンライン2』をご愛顧いただき誠にありがとうございます。

恐れ入りますが、日本でサービスを行っている『ファンタシースターオンライン2』に関しましては、日本国内 からのご利用に限らせていただいております。

下記に、日本国外からのご利用に関する利用規約を掲載させていただいておりますので、ご確認く ださい。
    Exactly as expected.

What to take out of this?
    - They didn't deny the block.
    - Zero support if you live outside Japan.
    - They will check the location of IPs when you request a block to be removed, which suggests they're well aware that they're blocking outsiders.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jul 4, 2014 at 05:19 AM.

And your point is?
    Playing PSO2, PSOBB and PSP2i!

Yup i doubt they would be fixing anything except fixing the Japanese connection problems in Japan. Sadly i think they have IP blocked us for a reason, because we weren't allowed to be playing on that server in the first place, but i still have hope, they could possibly take the block off once they realize that the game is dead. And it sounds like it is, Japan is a big country but the world made up a majority of the population of PSO2. But thats just me speculating. Who knows really...

Quote Originally Posted by xxmadplayerxx View Post
    Yup i doubt they would be fixing anything except fixing the Japanese connection problems in Japan. Sadly i think they have IP blocked us for a reason, because we weren't allowed to be playing on that server in the first place, but i still have hope, they could possibly take the block off once they realize that the game is dead. And it sounds like it is, Japan is a big country but the world made up a majority of the population of PSO2. But thats just me speculating. Who knows really...
    more like just ship 2, here's the current population as of like 1 or 2 am cst.this was like an hour and a half before TD1 so pop could only have gone up during TD1+^_^+

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

90% of the foreign community was solely on ship2, the other ships likely don't even notice we're gone, except for chatter how ship 2 and 8 will lose the tourny+^_^+

EDIT: relized those don't have time stamp, here's one for like right now i just took+^_^+

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Chik'Tikka; Jul 4, 2014 at 05:52 AM.

It'd be really sad if winning the tournament was the DDoSer's true goal.

SEGA's next big campaign will include leading more new JP players to Ship 02.

I can already see it:
    "Anyone (except lower race gaijins) who creates a new character on (the now empty) Ship 02 will receive EXP, rare and meseta boosts for the first 10 days! Help us populate the Ship!"
    PLACEHOLDER SIGNATURE - music included ♪

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Oh, breaking news: PSO2 is a strictly Japanese service!

Seriously, what did you expect? This had been their only response to anything gaijin-related since the dawn of time.

Ship 2 is not that empty at Japanese peak times. And after the maintenance and AC update it was as populated as other updates.

It's a sad when company in Japan still acts like a bunch of xenophobic dicks in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    Oh, breaking news: PSO2 is a strictly Japanese service!

Seriously, what did you expect? This had been their only response to anything gaijin-related since the dawn of time.
    Basically, this.

Sega uses this response as their default reply when baka gaijin try to get help.