Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    You mean, after they blocked all overseas transactions to avoid getting into any legal trouble
    as i said last time you made this claim, citation needed.

No citation, sorry. Have this blog post about music and video with no references instead.

Now, of course, Sega could have paid millions to license PSO2 worldwide, but didn't advertise it anywhere, and only pretends to not support foreigners out of xenophobia. But, still, there probably is a reason why you can buy AC with services that are allowed to make transactions in Japan.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

They also gave all our money back after blocking our money.

It was pretty cool getting 30 dollars back. <_>

(some people got back hundreds.)

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

No citation, sorry. Have this blog post about music and video with no references instead.

Now, of course, Sega could have paid millions to license PSO2 worldwide, but didn't advertise it anywhere, and only pretends to not support foreigners out of xenophobia. But, still, there probably is a reason why you can buy AC with services that are allowed to make transactions in Japan.
    translation: you are speculating and have no backing for your claims.

not that i care but people like sp24 will bring up 3rd party content. so the claim goes that sega has paid other makers of content to be able to show their content to the consumers..... but the agreement only geives them the rights to show it to people who are ruled by the japanese governkment. a 3rd party might make such an agreement because it might not have. of couse it'd be an extremely difficult thing to prove either way since you'd have to have access to all the agreements sega made with other content makers, many of which might not be public. i don't know or care if sp24 claimed to know that at least on of the agreements sega made was such an agreement or was just stating his or her best guess as a fact as we all do sometimes. but if i were sega i'd just go ahead and blame it or dr. ivo robotnik or perhaps julian if they're feeling adventurous
    Last edited by minim; Jul 8, 2014 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reaper527 View Post
    translation: you are speculating and have no backing for your claims.
    Well, okay, sure. I was lying. Guilty as charged. There goes my hard-earned reputation, thanks a lot for being so stingy!

Now, the truth. Sega actually can legally let people play PSO2 worldwide. There's nothing stopping them. However, things still aren't very simple, as foreign transactions are a subject to taxation in Japan (unlike in whatever country you come from, I assume), in addition to any regional taxes that Sega must pay in countries that they decide to provide their PSO2 service to. And, depending on their foreign income's volume, they may affect Sega's overall income, too. In a bad way at that, since, as you may have noticed, the more you earn from other countries, the higher is your tax, and you can even exceed your foreign tax credit.

There are many factors that would pressure Sega if they decide to roll PSO2 out on a global market, all associated with spending that is an inevitable outcome of going out of their established market in Japan. But, do you honestly expect me to list them all to people who would rather believe that Sega wants to instate Sakai as the Fourth Reich when, in the end, Sega just isn't allowed to provide the PSO2 service outside of Japan?

But, of course, it's just speculation, since, until I, personally, link to every single article of the worldwide laws, and then make a tl;dr summary of each, they simply don't exist. Of course they don't! After all, which is easier: to look up things that you will eventually have to deal with yourself, such as laws and policies, or pretend that they don't exist on an internet forum?

I hate it when people tell the truth, damnit. We don't want to know, mate.

Well, okay, sure. I was lying. Guilty as charged. There goes my hard-earned reputation, thanks a lot for being so stingy!

Now, the truth. Sega actually can legally let people play PSO2 worldwide. There's nothing stopping them. However, things still aren't very simple, as foreign transactions are a subject to taxation in Japan (unlike in whatever country you come from, I assume), in addition to any regional taxes that Sega must pay in countries that they decide to provide their PSO2 service to. And, depending on their foreign income's volume, they may affect Sega's overall income, too. In a bad way at that, since, as you may have noticed, the more you earn from other countries, the higher is your tax, and you can even exceed your foreign tax credit.
    yes there are tax concerns, but taxed money is always going to provide more money in the end than no money at all. we are talking about worldwide companies here. sega makes money from outside of japan every day, taxes happen. there is nothing special about pso2 in that regard. to say that sega is turning down money because of tax concerns is absurd.

There are many factors that would pressure Sega if they decide to roll PSO2 out on a global market, all associated with spending that is an inevitable outcome of going out of their established market in Japan. But, do you honestly expect me to list them all to people who would rather believe that Sega wants to instate Sakai as the Fourth Reich when, in the end, Sega just isn't allowed to provide the PSO2 service outside of Japan?
    we just went over this. you have no backing to support the claim sega isn't allowed to provide service outside of japan and have even admitted so.

But, of course, it's just speculation, since, until I, personally, link to every single article of the worldwide laws, and then make a tl;dr summary of each, they simply don't exist. Of course they don't! After all, which is easier: to look up things that you will eventually have to deal with yourself, such as laws and policies, or pretend that they don't exist on an internet forum?
    yes, it is speculation until you can point to a SINGLE piece of legislature that says "it is illegal for a japanese company to accept money from a foreigner" as you have been claiming.

when you make absurd claims the burden of proof is on you to back them up.

How many commas do you need? Holy shit, reading your posts is like reading a terrible book.

Truth be told, if I wrote that post about half of those commas would be semicolons.