Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cox ISP Users

Default Cox ISP Users

I'm not sure how many Cox users there are out there. But I'm in hopes that there are enough to help with this ISP's issue.

Past few days I've been in contact trying to get through to someone who had enough sense to know what I was talking about as well as not treating me like an imbecile. (Funny how they always think a 'refresh' will fix everything)

Anyways, after finally reaching a supervisor that understood everything. He told me that the best thing to do is to have enough people contact them about the blacklist. It will help escalate the removal. Unless they get enough users to call in the issue it could take a month or more for anything to be done automatically.

So I urge any Cox users that may be here to contact them and basically just bug the hell out of them. I plan to. Thanks is advance!! And good luck reconnecting!

I called them as well. After having to explain that it wasn't a block from my virus protection or the browser I was using, she finally contacted her super to ask them. They said they did know of the issue had heard about it already and the only way to get it removed was to basically see that there was a number of ppl really wanting it removed. The more voice the more action. Be sure though to mention it was a DDoS that caused the block. It is on their end and when running the tracert it stops at Cox and goes no further. Also tell them that site and game have put up all the precautionary things to prevent more DDoS attacks and is now considered a safe site and host. Cox seems to have issues with anything they find that causes a magnitude of ppl to suffer from virus's thus forth their system blocks it for everyone. So basically, we are just trying to push it along. Good luck guys! Hope this helps!

I have cox as well. What number did you call and who did you ask to speak to so i dont have go around in circle forever?

I just called the local number and asked for tech support. Basically it sucked bc they aren't trained in any of that stuff. She didn't have a clue till she talked to the supervisor. They know of the situation but not sure how many of the smaller forms of the company know. So remember when dealing with them to keep telling them that it is not on our own end. That it is in the main backbone of the company that has it blocked. Be sure to mention other companies like Time Warner have already removed it on their systems blacklist so that they know other companies are already doing so.

I called the local number I have. Pretty sure it routed to wherever call center. I bounced around a good while. Cause we all know how smart level 1 techs are.... I did have to ask for the supervisor a couple of times. But with enough patience combine with polite frustration I got a person who had enough sense to know what I was talking about. Just gotta keep at it and insist you need to speak to someone higher than what they are.

My ISP is Cox, but I actually never took the chance to call them about this problem.
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

Default Cox Users help

So i know i'm probably beating a dead horse with this one, but have any cox users been able to connect/put a dent in the removal of the block of pso2 on cox's end sorry if i have my info incorrect

Yeah I made a thread on this earlier about Cox users

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220457

Hokay sorry i didnt look further sucks that it could last a period of months for us to connect

I just finished a call with Cox and got to talk to the people that talk to the engineer's. They do say its on their side for the block. A ticket has been submitted to the engineer's and will be resolved in 24hrs. Tho I'm not going to hold my breath.

If things do get better tomorrow I'll be happy
    If not, I'll have even more reason to call and show more frustration tomorrow.

The more people call and bug them the more success we'll have getting this block lifted from the Cox side.