Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Before people say goodbye for good

I'd like to make a note if the start up FMVs in PSO2 haven't made it blatantly obvious, the Phantasy Star series has been around for decades. If you haven't played them yet this is a good opportunity to appreciate the history of the series while waiting for your ISPs to come back up. If anything the last two days have shown that there is hope with Verizon last night and now Brazil just a short while ago and I'd hate for people to leave prematurely just before things are restored for yourself.

You can pick up three of the classic Phantasy Star games either separately or as part of a Sega pack on Steam at http://store.steampowered.com/search...=phantasy+star

I'll attest to that. Phantasy Star IV is one of the best 'classic' RPGs ever made. If anything, definitely go and play that one. PSIV, in particular, will help newbies understand the overarching lore in the entire series as well, as it explains everything about the origin of the universe, Dark Falz (and where he comes from), etc.

This is actually a very good info thanks. I would have never thought to check this out, especially on steam.

Freaking exhausted so going to bed but consider it purchased. I played PSO1 on Dreamcast, and that's all. So i'm very interested in learning more about the lore.

I would actually recommend a re-translation of them over the original ones, specially for 1 and 3. 4's mistranslations are only on the origin of the system as far as I know. Screw that, you have Phantasy Star Generation 1 fan translated, and perfectly emulated.

Phantasy Star IV, is indeed absolutely fantastic. I'd recommend this to people who weren't even Phantasy Star fans.

I remember playing that when PSU launched for the first time & was so addicted PSU got left to one side!

I'm actually really curious to play Phantasy Star Generation 1 - is it good?

IMO, it's the best remake a classic RPG cold have, the only let down of the first remake is that, compared to the original, is very easy. Generation 2 feels as hard as the original, but with enhanced gameplay.

Yeah I don't need steam I have the old carts. I should give them a play again.

I just wish sega ages made Generations 3 & 4. Especially 4 since that was my favorite PS game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan_F View Post
    I'd like to make a note if the start up FMVs in PSO2 haven't made it blatantly obvious, the Phantasy Star series has been around for decades. If you haven't played them yet this is a good opportunity to appreciate the history of the series while waiting for your ISPs to come back up. If anything the last two days have shown that there is hope with Verizon last night and now Brazil just a short while ago and I'd hate for people to leave prematurely just before things are restored for yourself.

You can pick up three of the classic Phantasy Star games either separately or as part of a Sega pack on Steam at http://store.steampowered.com/search...=phantasy+star
    I also have Verizon as a backup internet service...I'll try it later to see if I get any access.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon- View Post
    I just wish sega ages made Generations 3 & 4. Especially 4 since that was my favorite PS game.
    Oh god, a remake of PSIV would be my most anticipated game in probably about six years.

Also, I wish there was an easier way to play a translated Generations 1 & 2 without an emulator and all that bullshit.

Your other option is a pirated PS2. If you want to play it n English, if you are ok with Japanese then you only need a Japanese PS2 (or a pirated one able to play imports). But now downloading a program and running it is rocket science.

Generation 3 (PS4 remake) was planed, but they cancelled the series. Generations of Doom remake was never announced.