Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

http://pso2.jp/players/

https://twitter.com/sega_pso2

July 9th "But, We do support towards the correction"??
    Last edited by Raggx3; Jul 12, 2014 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    Why the hell does it matter if it works functionally the same way? I just don't get it with you "it's not an IP block" mules. It doesn't even freaking matter at this point, consider it simply a layman term for not being able to get on the game because of where you live. Do whatever you have to in order to stop adding worthless irrelevant corrections to the subject.
    It does matter. These two blocks are NOT functionally the same, and both have significantly different functions and ramifications.

IP Block: SEGA (As in, SEGA themselves) is actively forbidding foreign connections from accessing the PSO2 game servers. Connections can get to the game server, but the server will deny them and prevent users from logging in without an IP address in the Japan range. SEGA would do this deliberately to prevent foreigners from logging into the game.

If there was an IP block, no foreigner would be able to connect to the game without using a Japanese VPN.

As far as we can tell, people are still connecting to the game servers with foreign IP addresses. Even the Amazon EC2 method is distributing US IP addresses to our proxy servers, and the game servers don't give a damn.

Therefore, this is not an IP block.

Routing Block: The backbone providers (*cough*NTT*cough*) are not providing routing information to other backbone providers, which causes connections to fail on our end.

The key differences:

- This may or may not be perpetuated by SEGA.

- It does not effect ALL foreign players. (Verizon and any hosts routing through KDDI (to date) are working properly.)

- This block is unpredictable, meaning that as routing tables change, connections could work one day, and stop working the next. An IP block is a de-facto "you can't connect, period".

- There exists a chance, although not certain, that this could completely fix itself, where an IP block is a fairly definite "no".

---

These distinctions are important, given the nature of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    Why the hell does it matter if it works functionally the same way? I just don't get it with you "it's not an IP block" mules. It doesn't even freaking matter at this point, consider it simply a layman term for not being able to get on the game because of where you live. Do whatever you have to in order to stop adding worthless irrelevant corrections to the subject.
    It's the equivalent of people having a conversation about whether the frozen water falling from the sky is hail or snow, while having a bunch of idiots coming along shouting that it's raining at the top of their lungs. They may all be similar but there are important differences, and we can definitely tell it's not rain.

I won't pretend to know anything about how the internet works, but as the first few posts mention, several experts on DSLReports all came to the same conclusion - SEGA is not advertising the route for its IP to non-Japanese carriers. This explains both the timing of the blocks (coinciding with maintenance) and the fact that traceroutes show requests not making it out of the country.

The most important thing to take out of this is that this was done intentionally by SEGA as a countermeasure against the DDoS. This suggests that the chance of foreigners ever being able to connect again is slim, because this is a side-effect of the DDoS countermeasure. In fact, if this were an actual IP block foreigners would have a better chance of it getting eventually lifted. SEGA isn't going to take down its DDoS protection because that would open it up to another attack and they would look mighty stupid if that happened.

I'll just say this the situation looks bad for some of us foreigners on connecting.

and as a lot have said best to wait it out or use your programs or vpns xD
    Last edited by Krimson; Jul 12, 2014 at 04:15 AM.
    Ship two

信仰 CAST GU/HU 70/68
    Makoto Newman FO/TE 69/52
    Labrys 20/20
    Krimson 28/20

I must say, Tau, Z-0 and a couple others who have shared their insight into this; I thank you - I already accepted the fact that I am unable to get back to PSO2.

A sad fact at the moment but, I am hopeful in going back to it - I would just miss out on getting the free stuff due to the issue. Also, I step back and wonder, least as far as the NA community is a concern with those who are spilling immature nature - I would say this is well deserved for the fact that we had 'invaded' their game in the first place due to our obession.

The original plan for PSO2 was shot due to [some internet laws] varying from country to country - it is and was what made PSO in the first place with its first episodes; yet that dream cannot be followed. However Sakai was kind enough to allow us to stay and gave us a pardon to play the thing we love and he as well as others knew foreigners like it; and what do we do in return.

Literally mock, spit, man-handle a company that is only selling a product - as well as poison their community with Western non-sense and ill-etiquette. Can't you even see why some JPers dislike us; because most aren't even grown in the head nor considerate upon being on a different server. I know some of you are respectful in retrospect but the majority; I would say this is a fitting punishment if intentional or not.

I know I am off-topic here but, to see the same thing come about every time from people just shows how 'great' 'merica is and the latter. We should sincerely thank this producer for even letting us gaze upon such a franchise in the first place.

Anyway, I will be patiently waiting on TERA or Vindicutus for the time being: if you want to join my my characters are named such...

Moriyah - Eyphah - Naamiy = TERA

Naami - Avram - Zedan - Tapani (Lynn) = Vindictus

>_> what about the people who were good and still got banned?

those foreigners who speak japanese and converse with JPs at PSO2 do exist you know?

Its not PSO-world without someone insulting all western players and trying to justify a restricted internet

Quote Originally Posted by reptile7383 View Post
    Its not PSO-world without someone insulting all western players and trying to justify a restricted internet
    He wasn't insulting all Western players; just those in the States
    *Hope, a guaranteed way to experience disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by reptile7383 View Post
    It's not even an insult, its the truth; granted there are people who do follow a proper etiquette based on their own person; especially being on a server that is not ours. Even give a shot at trying to understand and least learn the language of the place they are occupying as foreigners. However the opposite seem outweighs the possible good-will.

You know how we would like foreigners to speak English when they come here - it is no different with this yet I see people who often assume otherwise. I am merely pointing out how backwards the majority of the NA commune is and expressing that the ones who are in control of such have the right to do what they want whether it is an IP ban or not. Even-though this is an unfortunate effect to the cause - we are still trying to enter in someones house without knocking; this time the door is locked for the time being for some while others have the key.

Yes it is not fair to the ones who meant no harm, however, those who are sharing negative insight about a server that doesn't belong to us in the first place is only breathing hot air. We have to keep in mind that this is not our server, if it was a US server then it would be different - only then we can be 'outraged' lol.

Using Tera as an example; many resent "BRs"; I am not sure why but I can guess it is due to the language block (and other silly things placing their own insults) but there are others who don't mind them being there and work things out even when incompetence is present. You can apply this to PSO2; there are some natives who do speak English and don't mind our presence and even tolerate our own competence.

Though.

From our general presence on this, I often feel that we are trying to take over despite being a handful of people; speaking in their general chat (I am guilty of this as well) spamming SAs, etc. without any notion of the ramification that would come behind doing such. I won't fault the one who is ignorant but, I will say that we truly fail in a representation.

Again, I know this is off topic - but, we, those should take a moment and think. We can call out the offender of the ordeal (the DDoSer) but, we cannot fault the one trying to protect their home. You would do the same if someone tried to break in and make your house into a lagfest... LOL

All we can do is wait, however patience is the one of the virtues I do not see in the common folk... and I seen it way too many times in the game called LIFE. And the cereal...