View Poll Results: Chanced of getting banned with a paid vpn?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very High

6 18.75%
  • High

0 0%
  • Medium

7 21.88%
  • Low

19 59.38%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Chances of getting banned using a paid vpn?

Im using vypr vpn atm and the connection is great but i would like to know what my chances are of getting banned are granted i log in with it everyday and i haven't had to do a single authentication email yet btw for vypr i use a pro account with the chameleon technology .

http://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn
    Last edited by MegaRocker1987; Jul 12, 2014 at 11:50 AM.

It depends on two factor.

1. Do you switch IP often(If you do, Sega might lock it as precaution, against accoun stealing
    2. Is the IP shared with multiple account?
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    It depends on two factor.

1. Do you switch IP often(If you do, Sega might lock it as precaution, against accoun stealing
    2. Is the IP shared with multiple account?
    it does change somewhat the ip is usually the same if it changes its usually just the last four digit of the ip address i just checked it in game and 2 no i dont use multiple accounts only the one and 3 i use the chameleon encryption protcol which is 256bit encryption ssl.
    Last edited by MegaRocker1987; Jul 12, 2014 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaRocker1987 View Post
    it does change somewhat the ip is always the same most of the time if it changes its usually just the last four digit of the ip address i just checked it in game and 2 no i dont use multiple accounts only the one and 3 i use the chameleon encryption protcol which is 256bit encryption ssl.
    Generally, if you don't get a confirmation letter, you should be fine.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Generally, if you don't get a confirmation letter, you should be fine.
    not at all i have only had to do a confirmation email once when i first used the vpn other than that its been great havent had a single confirmation email to do yet

i wanna be safe anyway but i might just get strong vpn instead its the same price as vypr and it has static ip addresses

http://strongvpn.com/
    Last edited by MegaRocker1987; Jul 12, 2014 at 12:19 PM.

I'd say add very low and never to the poll+^_^+ depending on the paid VPN it would be low to very low depending on whether you can get a static IP, only reason you'd get banned from a free one is if RMTs and bots (or other malicious users) used the same shared address, even if you don't get the authentication e-mails+^_^+ if you switch from what you had before to a paid one that has a static address that's all yours *and* you didn't get the authentication e-mail at all, then chance of ban imo would be near zero+^_^+ or whatever your chances were before the DDoS considering your still breaking ToS and whatnot+^_^+

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    I'd say add very low and never to the poll+^_^+ depending on the paid VPN it would be low to very low depending on whether you can get a static IP, only reason you'd get banned from a free one is if RMTs and bots (or other malicious users) used the same shared address, even if you don't get the authentication e-mails+^_^+ if you switch from what you had before to a paid one that has a static address that's all yours *and* you didn't get the authentication e-mail at all, then chance of ban imo would be near zero+^_^+ or whatever your chances were before the DDoS considering your still breaking ToS and whatnot+^_^+
    the ip is dynamic but the only thing that really changes are the last four digits of the ip so its hardly noticeable at all and ive only had to do the email verification once and that was only after i first used my new vpn

Quote Originally Posted by MegaRocker1987 View Post
    the ip is dynamic but the only thing that really changes are the last four digits of the ip so its hardly noticeable at all and ive only had to do the email verification once and that was only after i first used my new vpn
    just so you know, computers don't care, a different number is a different number, but so as long as you don't get authentication e-mails and your IP doesn't change more then 5 times in a week you should be fine as the auto ban thing is tuned to ignore some IP changes, like net cafe log ins, dorm rooms, libraries, cafes, wherever else you might haul laptops to+^_^+

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    just so you know, computers don't care, a different number is a different number, but so as long as you don't get authentication e-mails and your IP doesn't change more then 5 times in a week you should be fine as the auto ban thing is tuned to ignore some IP changes, like net cafe log ins, dorm rooms, libraries, cafes, wherever else you might haul laptops to+^_^+
    my ip changes more than 5 times but ive still yet to get an authentication email or have any problems but im still gonna get strong vpn so i can get a static ip just to be safer than i am now xD
    Last edited by MegaRocker1987; Jul 14, 2014 at 10:28 AM.