Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

After reading alot of the fanboy posts, and posts of people afraid that xbox would be come a cheating playground, I felt I had to give my 2 cents on the whole thing.

The only cheating you will ever see on PSOX will come from glitchs. And even those will not be around long due to downloadable patchs.

There is no 1st party cheating device for the Xbox. Hopefully it will stay this way for a long time.

Alot of the screens shots you see of the level 200 charachers and maxed stats are coming from the developer xboxs, edited graphics, and the few offline xbox modders.

Xbox modders due infact have the ablity to hack the games, and are. Xbox live has software that prevents all heavily modded xboxs offline. Some will find ways around it. But MS has a group of people that do nothing but find and patch these mods.

Will the psox rare econmeny be trashed? Hopefully not, but someone somewhere is going to find a hole and find a way to trash it. It happens to all games.

I highly doubt that PSOX will become a cheating playground.

later
    BlueFusion

Xbox modders due infact have the ablity to hack the games, and are. Xbox live has software that prevents all heavily modded xboxs offline. Some will find ways around it. But MS has a group of people that do nothing but find and patch these mods.
    Sonic Team boasts that they have people mainting and watching over their servers on the Gamecube version too.

Wonderful job they're doing.

Problem with PSO and Sonic Team in particular is that they don't seem to care about cheating AT ALL. Sure on the Dreamcast they banned people (sometimes without reason), but they were almost always allowed to get back online (even if they had to call and have their serial reset). Point is...as long as you pay them $9.00 a month, they don't care what you do.

It's pretty messed up.

And where the hell are the downloadable quests for Gamecube??!?!? We've been paying for months and we got NOTHING! XBOX PSO just now hit shelves and already they get a downloadable quest?! BS!

well PSOX players are technically paying twice so it makes sense that they are already getting downoadable quests.

Well so far MS is doing great job keeping the modders out. No known XBL hacking on Mechassault, Unreal, and Ghost Recon.

Adicted HUcast (legit player)

I'm not sure who but someone I think hero found out that duping will be a sinch on PSOX...

Ya if your playing on XBconnect with a modded xbox. On live? very doubtful...

Evil space ninja.

Xbox is a fucking pc,which we all know how easy it is to hack a pc,and I'm sure that the baru dude found a xbox emulator and hacked it and got the hex code.You people act like it's so hard to hack.

Hacking is modding variables in the code, This hasn't happend in GC or X-Box, all that has (and might happen in X-Box) is duping via a USB memory card. No hacking or harmfull stuff.

On 2003-04-17 21:07, Blue147 wrote:
    Xbox is a fucking pc,which we all know how easy it is to hack a pc,and I'm sure that the baru dude found a xbox emulator and hacked it and got the hex code.You people act like it's so hard to hack.
    And you act like the GC isn't a pc. On technical terms all consolers are based around computer technology now. Why do you think thr GC has that ATI sticker on the side. When it comes down to it the game will get hacked and the main reason is because ST is dumb and refuses to do server side char storage. But XBL is harder to hack, and harder = better. Harder =/= impossible.

Ok, lets try to keep the fanboyism down a bit.

Realize that this site is for BOTH versions of the game (which are basically the same). Do not trash the other version.