Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseSeraf View Post
    In fact, I think it'd be better if you tell us how exactly you play. Some questions:
    Are you the type of player who can manage PP well? Do you plan on having a big PP pool?
    Are you the type who would rather attack from the rear to be a bit safer?
    Or are you the one who'll just charge in head-on?
    I don't necessarily want a large PP pool with FI since I want to maintain PP slayer activate for as long as possible. As for fighting style, I prefer attacking from where it is most convenient. Some bosses have their weak point in the front while others in the back. As for mobs, I don't have any preference in positioning. I was hoping to have both FI stances and use them when appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by 桂伊澄 View Post
    I don't necessarily want a large PP pool with FI since I want to maintain PP slayer activate for as long as possible. As for fighting style, I prefer attacking from where it is most convenient. Some bosses have their weak point in the front while others in the back. As for mobs, I don't have any preference in positioning. I was hoping to have both FI stances and use them when appropriate.
    The advantage of having a larger PP pool is that you can use more PAs without having the need to stop and use normal attacks to regain PP. So if you have PP Slayer, it's actually more optimal for you to have more PP. Losing the PP to activate PP Slayer is easy/trivial; regaining it back is another story.

Keep in mind that every 2 PP you gain in general is 1 PP for PP Slayer (but a bit more, because using a PA that reduces your PP to <50% is also affected by PP Slayer).

Majority of the enemies you'll be encountering have their weakpoint on the front. Even then, you can do something creative to attack an enemy's behind, and still have Brave Stance activated for full effect (i.e. Deadly Archer a Gu Wonda's weakpoint from the front). There really isn't that many scenarios where you'll be using Wise Stance, which is why I think having Wise Stance Critical is unnecessary. It's already more powerful as is if you look at the multipliers between Brave Stance and Wise Stance.

Here's one optional build (though I think I already showed you this one): http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...00000Ib000000j

Another option would be to forgo PP Slayer completely, though I wouldn't really recommend this: http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...00000Ib000000j
    Last edited by ReverseSeraf; Jul 23, 2014 at 02:52 PM.
    "Do not go gentle into that good night
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light"

Twitch

Braver:

Braver mag is bad. Having a dex mag is even worse.
    Sattk up is wasting points you don't have to waste.
    Snatch step is bad.
    Max combat escape.

Gunner:
    Wasted points maxing s roll up and s roll arts. Absolutely useless traits not worth the points besides as preqs for s roll ja bonus.

Fighter:
    Nothing really wrong if you want to use both stances and have ~7.5% damage boost from crit strikes.

What exactly is bad about snatch step?
    I find it really good cause it makes enemies, even big ones like Gu Wonda, flinch and interrupts their attacks.
    Hell, the damage isn't even bad considering it's free and I killed some enemies while I wasn't even trying.

Heard it could cause similar lag to someone weapon switching with stuff like nishiki? That would be the main problem if it's the case.

Also, min-max'er people see the low damage as not worth it. Not like pure katana BR are short on SP though.
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    What exactly is bad about snatch step?
    I find it really good cause it makes enemies, even big ones like Gu Wonda, flinch and interrupts their attacks.
    Hell, the damage isn't even bad considering it's free and I killed some enemies while I wasn't even trying.
    It's damage is so low and the amount of times you dash into enemies is so small it isn't worth 1 skill point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandmind View Post
    Heard it could cause similar lag to someone weapon switching with stuff like nishiki? That would be the main problem if it's the case.

Also, min-max'er people see the low damage as not worth it. Not like pure katana BR are short on SP though.
    Huh? Katana builds have 1 free skill point.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Huh? Katana builds have 1 free skill point.
    http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...xmxsXI2l200006

?

Step Attack on Hunter, of course.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

You fulltime average stance, not optimal. Does average S charge even work on katana PA's? It didn't last time I played, or people said it didn't.

It has for months now
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

I quit for months, good to know.