Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default As anyone used one of these video cards for PSO2

I was thinking of replacing my video card in order to crank the settings of PSO2 on high.

I currently have this one http://tinyurl.com/n99ljfa which I paid used for $40. I can put all the settings on high except for Simple Drawing and Shadow effects which are at medium.

I was wondering if one of these 2 cards would allow me to set everything on high.

http://tinyurl.com/pc85xkm
    http://tinyurl.com/neqzwvq

Please note that this is the only PC game I play. Also, I care more about personal experience than any benchmark sites you could list me.

Thank you

I can't speak for the 640, seeing as how I don't use one, but that 750 would definitely work. Probably the 640 as well. I currently use a 760.

This game is not super demanding so you don't nee anything extravagant. If this is the only game you play, your choices will be fine.

I'm just curious, what are the rest of your specs for your PC?
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

>tinyurl
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcmc1974 View Post
    I can't speak for the 640, seeing as how I don't use one, but that 750 would definitely work. Probably the 640 as well. I currently use a 760.

This game is not super demanding so you don't nee anything extravagant. If this is the only game you play, your choices will be fine.

I'm just curious, what are the rest of your specs for your PC?
    It's a brand new PC I built this month. i3 3.5GHz, 8GB of RAM ASUS Mini-ITX board and case.

Getting back to your card, are you able to crank all the settings on high?

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    >tinyurl
    I think you messed up your link.

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    It's a brand new PC I built this month. i3 3.5GHz, 8GB of RAM ASUS Mini-ITX board and case.

Getting back to your card, are you able to crank all the settings on high?
    Short answer: Yes

Long Answer: I'm able to crank settings up to very high for Assassin's Creed 4, which is way more demanding than this game. I'd consider my card overkill if PSO2 is all you play. But my 760 lets me max most games at 1080p, so I won't complain.

Like I said, the cards you picked should be just what you need for high. Same goes for the rest of the PC based on those specs.
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcmc1974 View Post
    Short answer: Yes

Long Answer: I'm able to crank settings up to very high for Assassin's Creed 4, which is way more demanding than this game. I'd consider my card overkill if PSO2 is all you play. But my 760 lets me max most games at 1080p, so I won't complain.

Like I said, the cards you picked should be just what you need for high. Same goes for the rest of the PC based on those specs.
    Thanks for clearing this up. Here's a pick of that new media PC BTW:

You can set it to high with the default setting.
    But using Nviia inspector setting or Sweet FX, is probabely not going to happen.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    You can set it to high with the default setting.
    But using Nviia inspector setting or Sweet FX, is probabely not going to happen.
    Sorry, I'm not knowledgeable enough with PC gaming to understand what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Sorry, I'm not knowledgeable enough with PC gaming to understand what you mean.
    You'll be able to turn all the game's settings up, but it probably won't be able to handle using a 3rd party tool (such as Nvidia inspector or Sweet FX) to add effects that weren't already part of the game.

I use a 750 Ti, and it can handle everything turned all the way up at 1920x1200, but the framerate isn't stable at that point, so I've turned a few settings down.

Quote Originally Posted by Idolon View Post
    You'll be able to turn all the game's settings up, but it probably won't be able to handle using a 3rd party tool (such as Nvidia inspector or Sweet FX) to add effects that weren't already part of the game.

I use a 750 Ti, and it can handle everything turned all the way up at 1920x1200, but the framerate isn't stable at that point, so I've turned a few settings down.
    I guess there must be a hell of a difference between the 750 and 760 if Stealthcmc1974 can run the game on high smoothly.