Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast

The default ARKS Lobby, My Room, and team room BGMs in PSO2 are amazing, though. I could also listen to the camp ship BGM all day
    Last edited by minim; Jul 31, 2014 at 03:41 PM.

DAY DAWNS

HNNNNNNNNGH

it is actually a chill track though

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Yeah, that confirms it, then. Your taste is fucking weird even in the context of PSO2 fans.

I don't understand how people can so much enjoy PSO2's meandering, seemingly directionless musical aesethetic. It's weird, man. The boss themes I can understand, but the soundtrack as a whole?

But yeah, music is subjective. Oh, well.
    But those songs you're linking are basically from different types of games, it goes back to that argument over what type of MMO PSO2 is or if it's even an MMO at all. Of course Final Fantasy is going to have some good battle themes, but the other songs are made for wandering around and exploring some big field. I don't see where music like that would fit anywhere in PSO2.

Here I love this song in GW2

But I wouldn't just dump that into PSO2's tundra or something unless there was some exploration mode or a big town to walk around in. Speaking of GW2 I hate how they reused so much of GW1's soundtrack. PSO2 tries way too many times to stick some part of an old song into the music, but I wish GW2 did something like that instead of straight up reusing music for like half the soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I love vindictus's sound track. It's a shame Devcat has such an addiction to loudness. A lot of it clips like crazy. Some Mabi tracks have the same problem I:
    Eh, at least they got it right with the volume in terms of epicness xD

Speaking of Tundra, this is the only music I remember from Cabal Online:

Actually the desert one was pretty good too:
    Last edited by UnLucky; Jul 31, 2014 at 03:51 PM.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

I love PSO2's music. Being a very prolific VGM listener, I might even say PSO1 and 2 music is the best I've ever heard. Well I admit I have some visual novels in mind that do beat it.

But music is subjective, as was just mentioned earlier. So no matter.

Anyway, the whole deal with the music changing based on there being an enemy near or not can be tolerable since you at least know to expect it. On the other hand, since enemies are so darn numerous and frequent, I find it hard to ever get to listen to "peaceful" segments very long at all.

If we're talking about which PSO2 music we like, then I also like the character creation theme that doesn't play anywhere else but should play when you're changing your character's looks but doesn't because sega is the devil. Fuck. I:

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanoid View Post
    But those songs you're linking are basically from different types of games, it goes back to that argument over what type of MMO PSO2 is or if it's even an MMO at all. Of course Final Fantasy is going to have some good battle themes, but the other songs are made for wandering around and exploring some big field. I don't see where music like that would fit anywhere in PSO2.

Here I love this song in GW2
    Guild Wars 2 - Hoelbrak Norn SoundTrack 01 - YouTube

But I wouldn't just dump that into PSO2's tundra or something unless there was some exploration mode or a big town to walk around in. Speaking of GW2 I hate how they reused so much of GW1's soundtrack. PSO2 tries way too many times to stick some part of an old song into the music, but I wish GW2 did something like that instead of straight up reusing music for like half the soundtrack.
    I don't see what game genres have to do with music quality. You could argue that the music genres from different games aren't the same though.

Also on the topic of GW2. This is my favorite track from it. It's so adventurous.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanoid View Post
    That is funny, because there are exploration themes for every single field type in PSO2.

Speaking of exploration themes, FFXIV also does a thing where it has a battle version and an exploration version of tracks, though it only does this for certain dungeons. Still, it's a very nice implementation of it as it sounds a LOT better than PSO2's version. Maybe not as varied, but I'm less worried about variety and more (MUCH more) concerned with musical aesthetics in any case.

I really like the Sympathy system in concept, but in practice it feels like the composer's had to walk around too many eggshells in getting it to work for him.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Speaking of Tundra, this is the only music I remember from Cabal Online:
    cabal maptheme- Bloody Ice - YouTube
    My favorite thing about Cabal was all the music by NovaSonic.

I really like the Sympathy system in concept, but in practice it feels like the composer's had to walk around too many eggshells in getting it to work for him.
    I feel like it's purpuse (randomizing the music) is completely antithesis to creating memorable music. Because it's random, it's harder to remember all the parts. Plenty of games have already done the whole "different music plays when you do different stuff" thing, including past phantasy star games, so I don't see why they had to complicate it by being random on top of that. They did it better with the Oracle music just shifting to a slightly different version though, and I LOVE the concept of PSE burst music.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jul 31, 2014 at 03:57 PM.

That is funny, because there are exploration themes for every single field type in PSO2.

Speaking of exploration themes, FFXIV also does a thing where it has a battle version and an exploration version of tracks, though it only does this for certain dungeons. Still, it's a very nice implementation of it as it sounds a LOT better than PSO2's version. Maybe not as varied, but I'm less worried about variety and more (MUCH more) concerned with musical aesthetics in any case.

Yeah there are exploration themes but they sound similar to the combat music - probably to work with the Sympathy system, but yeah that system really doesn't work out as well as it should. PSO1's system was much simpler but seems to have worked much better.