Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast

I would say it's probably the best instanced MMO I have ever played, for sure. But definitely not the best game I have ever played in general, no.

Quote Originally Posted by ClothoBuer View Post
    The thing about PSO2 is that it's a love/hate relationship. You love it because it's got enough to do to keep playing, but you hate it because there's so much it does wrong, and so much it could do better.
    I have felt for the long time this quote from Maria Bamford best summarizes the relationship most players of PSO2 have with the game that post on PSO world.

"My agent is always super hype and says things like: Maria your amazing, your genius, you everything we've been looking for then it's gone and I am bored and I am irritated. Now I just wanna get a cup of coffee or something to eat.. But then I don't know what you did or didn't do but I am BACK IN AGAIN!And your Superlative! And your Hyperbole! And your a polar bear in the jungle! And your a giant! Eating a giant bowl of jello within another GIANT! And then it's gone.. GET OUT! GET OUT OF MY OFFICE!"

Maria Bamford, On "How to win."

Just replace maria with PSO and you got how most people feel about the game.
    Laxedrane - Ship 10| Force-70 Hunter-70 Techer-70 Braver-70 Bouncer-70
    Darrin- Ship 10 Ranger-62 Gunner-65 Force-1 Techer-0
    Ismaire- Ship 10 Hunter-51 Braver-51 Bounder-1

no it's not will i say it's decent yes but is there alot of things done wrong yes
    for an MMO id give it an 8 out of 10
    to live you must kill something for food whether it be a plant or an animal all life depends on the cycle of death.
    "Life is a fleeting dream but Death is eternal"

Ah....PSO2... (Incoming wall of text)

What can I say about the game that hasn't been already said? It's not the best game I've ever played, no, but it's certainly not a bad game. When I first played it, I loved the hell out of it, but now...? Ohhh boy...

No. I don't love it as much, and I'm looking at it in an objective stance from a series fan for more than 5 years now. Honestly, I think Portable 2 has far less restrictions compared to PSO2, such as the high amount of weapon variance and the strategies that you can pull off with them, or the upgrading system. It's like it's trying to be a hybrid between PSU's, Portable's, and Zero's, but it just leads up to Dudu (or Monica) taking a large chunk of your Meseta before you even grind your weapon (armor units are too easy to grind in most cases so I won't mention those) to +10, and then unlock the potential to do it all over again!

*Ahem* Sorry, going on a tangent. This is a very flawed game, and the combat system appears to be heavily inspired by games very much like Bayonetta, Vanquish, Metal Gear Rising, and Devil May Cry, although as Zyrusticae said, it's just not quite on that same level, and if you ask me, I think Zyrusticae has a point. The game would play better if the developers were given time to make the full leap. I can say this with some solid studying, too, since I've been playing all of these said games, and I've seen the very close similarities and inspirations that PSO2 draws from.

The statements that Kondibon have made, however, are also something I've read and took into consideration. After pondering about it, I think Kondibon has a very good point too. There are a few similarities to Monster Hunter and perhaps God Eater, those I can see as clear as day. But I still think Zyrusticae is right that you should have been able to have a dedicated move list and having combos that can be performed with different attack timings.

I'll even further my point by saying the game would benefit from running 20% faster (DMC3/4 Turbo Mode anyone?), as it would greatly enhance the experience and give more of a reason to have an immediate weapon switching system, as the weapon system in this game is a bit cumbersome...in retrospect to Portable/Portable 2 (or infinity if you played that), which had weapon switching that was instant, and easy to access (and that was a PSP game!). PSO2's system is...moderatle above average and works nicely most of the time, but annoying nonetheless.

A huge, HUGE problem PSO2 suffers from is, no matter how high your framerate is for the game, character animations are somewhat sluggish, clunky, and can look unfinished at times. This pushes what Zyrusticae said even further, and I'm honestly surprised that I am not the only one who thinks these things. That is a massive flaw and that needs to be fixed. That's one of the things that keeps me from really loving the game a lot.

And really, the best things I have to say about the game that are objectively good, are the customization options, the Photon Arts and Technique Variants, the Japanese voice acting for many characters (I really like Jozsef, Klotho, Astarte, Regius, Maria, Gettemhart, and Lisa, though Lisa herself creeps me out), the enemy variety, the way some weapons work (I love how TPSC revamped Spears/Partizans and Gunblades in the game), and the Emergency Quests, especially Magatsu. Damn, is it fun...when you have competent Weak Bullet using Rangers and at least one Bouncer.

TL;DR version: PSO2 can be fun for the right person, but it is a heavily flawed video game. And not just as an Action Game. As an Action Role Playing Game that has MMO elements and is trying hard at times to ape a Spectacle Fighter and maybe games like God Eater or Monster Hunter. If I had to give the game a score, it'd be a 6 out of 10. If I'd put myself back in the hardcore fanboy seat I'd probably say "OMG BEST MMO EVER, 10 OUT OF 10!", but I won't, because that isn't who I am, and that doesn't really tell anyone anything. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by A. Zerran; Aug 6, 2015 at 08:52 PM.

You must be really bored to necro such old thread.

I can't imagine any good that can come from reviving this thread...

PSO2 IS BESTEST GAME EVARrrarrrrrrr

/sarcasm

Best waifu simulator.

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    You must be really bored to necro such old thread.
    No kidding, that's the 2nd old topic of mine that someone has revived.

I wouldn't go as far to say the best game. The game is great but without content updates, replayability would diminish.

As far as MMO or Online RPGs, hell yea! After the end of PSU, I've tried out other MMOs and I've come to realize I hate the tank, DPS, healer games. It seems a lot of them are based off of that model. I played WoW and Final Fantasy: XIV extensively just to realize I don't like them.

In comparison to PSU, the game def. improved a lot. Customization was always huge, but PSO2 allows more than just cosmetic customization. With PSU, there was the obvious way to play (in terms of time attacks). With PSO2, there is a lot room to play around.

Quests keep the game a bit fresh while leveling up. Rather than running the hotspot over and over again, I'm all over the place trying to get extra XP. It was such a drag running White Beast and the likes over and over again in PSU.

Lack of loot boxes def. takes away from the heart racing moments though. Going from box to box to find a weapon or board and not knowing whether it was actually going to be good or not was crazy. Synthing fighter weapons hoping for that 42%+ was insane. PSO2 takes it a step further and lets you know a rare item has dropped. Thanks for saving my heart from skipping a beat...I guess.

In PSU, fighter PAs leveled fast and techs/bullets were SLOOOWW. Right now, you have to find higher level PAs. Obviously, PSU lacked balance but I def. believe it was the better system.
    GT: X xi ReaveR x X