Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324

Been playing since the CB, so I do like this game a lot. Still, nowhere near the best games I've played. Even among MMOs I'd rank it third or fourth.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Lolno. As fun it can be there is so much wrong with it.

The game has much potential that sega loves to waste on random crap and bullshit systems not to mention the horrible RNG. When i started to play this game I hoped it was more like PSO1 but sadly it's not. I have a hard time finding any motivation to play this game for longer then a hour a week right now and in that time all I do is Rodos DCO to keep up with meseta. Which is in fact a nice thing cause I can play other games that I didn't have time for when I did actively play PSO2.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

My total bias against it aside, It's probably the best F2P mmo (iono I dun keep up with those too well anymore.) Well, in terms of combat, sci-fi theme and char customization(Well until when not using loli facetypes and rip when black desert comes out with the ass slider) at least..

But that's also extremely disappointing when considering f2p mmos/orpgs overall.

And as a game overall it's pretty shit, probably because of the low standards needed when making a f2p game period, Which is why it's kind of an easy cash grab-spit in the face to long term fans and it's past games. Making it a sad whorish shadow of it's former self that gets away with coming up with great ideas and concepts and then for god knows what reason watering them down or half-assing them, missing valuable potential in literally all aspects of the game and it gets LOTS OF MONEY either way because people are marks.

More money than the far superior other games ever have. Thus more spitting in the face of it's oldboy fans... But... ehn, fuck fanbases.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Best game I ever played? There hasn't really been a game that's come out within the past decade that I would fit into that category.

Best in the genre? No, but definitely not the worst.

For all that PSO2 has done wrong (clipping, RNG, balance to name a few), it does enough right to keep me coming back, and I've played since CBT.

Yeah, the RNG can be annoying, but there are ways of getting around it to some extent (in terms of upgrading equipment). Still not the worst I've dealt with. Anyone that played FFXI at 75 cap and did dynamis (or the HNM scene) can attest to some of the horrible drop rate shenanigans there. And on top of that, you could only do it twice a week. And don't get me started on voidwatch. At least PSO2 didn't trash your weapon on a failed grind like vanilla PSU did. And let's not forget waiting 24 hours for a 10-star weapon with a 90% success rate only to be handed a monomate.

As for balance, that's kind of a slippery slope there. While I believe it's important, it shouldn't be done to the point of homogenization. Nor do I feel it should be so off the wall that it promotes given classes/jobs being flat-out ostracized by the community at large. Another problem with that is weapons that so vastly outclass others that you're almost expected to have them before even being allowed to do anything past a certain point in a group of randoms. Again, I'll cite FFXI here since I've had the most experience with it. There were quite a few encounters (both at 75 cap and 99 cap) that demanded very specific set-ups in order to succeed consistently. There were mobs with AOE's that would decimate anyone that wasn't a tank so fights like that demanded ranged attackers (black mages, rangers, and sometimes summoners). Yeah PSO2 has some broken class combinations for given situations, but I feel the content is accessible enough.
    Last edited by Zeota; Sep 12, 2015 at 08:30 PM.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

PSO2 is the best MMO I have played aside from Warframe.

Why? Because you can actually upgrade starting weapons to be viable in the endgame. Not many MMOs actually do this to my knowledge.

Also, the paywall doesn't really restrict you too much because the only things worth your money don't directly impact the gameplay.

It shares a similar model with Warframe, and for that I enjoy it.

The only problem I have with it, is that some class-subclass combinations are completely garbage. Also poor weapon synergy. But then again, I keep trying to play it like its Devil May Cry. So that just might be my personal gripes... xD
    Last edited by Kokurokoki; Sep 13, 2015 at 08:48 PM.

Simple answer: No, no as in not the best nor the worst but just in the middle ground.

Why? (Positives)
    Spoiler!

Why? (negatives) Note some can be overlooked.
    Spoiler!

Although there are technically more negatives, most can be over looked and other games with similar negatives have it worser.
    Last edited by strikerhunter; Sep 13, 2015 at 10:06 PM.

Christ, this thread is still a thing..?
    On topic: no.