Page 309 of 413 FirstFirst ... 209259299306307308309310311312319359409 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 4123

If katana can't get all hatou hits in then it is really bottom tier for a good portion of bosses.
    That bouncer test didn't even include a vinto from the beginning of the core nuke.
    Realistically, BO/HU wouldn't be using elements to set element at all because it kills the PP efficiency.
    If JB is shit at bosses then Sword must be the worst thing ever (it isn't)
    Last edited by Xaelouse; Feb 3, 2016 at 09:21 PM.

I think this should be correct for paper DPS:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

TCPBF should be 31F, although the timing for that is kind of tight, almost like SF4 plinking after the tech cancel.

Personally RB Jet Boots are higher DPS than DB downtime on paper and good for targets that just sit there waiting to be hit.

After throwing normal attacks in and accounting for random things like Double's core breaking just as Vinto comes out or PD flying off after Ragrants forcing you to rebuild Gear again, Train Ghidoran retracting its core just before Vinto hits etc, Jet Boots DPS just plummets.

On the other hand Dual Blades is like Destruct Wing, Dove, Kite and repeat Dove Kite. Very little setup involved.

They're playable vs bosses but in the bigger hierarchy of 20ish weapons including pets, they're behind Partizan, Knuckles, Daggers, Rifle, TMGs, Compound Techs, DBs, Bow and Torim for sure. So they're mid tier at best.
    Last edited by Selphea; Feb 3, 2016 at 09:27 PM.

That looks about right. While the numbers are close, the true advantage of PBF over RB is that PBF+Dove never runs out of PP. This doesn't mean you shouldn't be using JB against bosses though, as you might as well not spec into RB if you dont.
    There's also the cases of Strike Gust not being so hot outside RB (gran wave isn't some terrible PA, guys), how JBs have better air control, etc.
    Last edited by Xaelouse; Feb 3, 2016 at 09:54 PM.

idk you cant even properly jeepcar magatsu, its cool that you can crunch numbers but if its realistically not applicable to any situation in the game, there is little point. db's win in uptime almost everywhere to a point where the only better thing is infinite range™ ilbarta and that's a big argument for melee.

don't ever count out uptime, it's the biggest dps gain/loss. just having to jump inbetween pa's kills your dps cause every frame where you don't do anything is 0 dps.

I still haven't had a chance to try my new End Attract + Tech JA PP Save build ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    If JB is shit at bosses then Sword must be the worst thing ever (it isn't)
    Sword is way better than JBs for bosses so where do you get this? Some examples

Train Ghidoran
    Leone + Leopard
    Guar Zigmorde
    Zeta Guranz
    Diabo Igrythis

I'd love to see JBs top stuff like this. Comparing JBs to swords in bossing effectiveness is an absurd hyperbole.

Looking at the Train Ghidoran vid alone, JB can fit 280-300k vinto + Gran Wave each time the right head strikes.

The amount of effort used to defend JB where it factually sucks is amazing.

Konq, you can't really compare them that way, katana and DB serves difference purpose. You don't really boss with katana, you use a bow for that.
    But bouncer, rely too much on gear multiplier and high cd skill, not to mention stance having low multiplier, cost too much to gear. Too many minus point on their tree.

Eh I'm not really defending JBs.

When I reset my trees for Ep4 I was thinking about dual weapon but then I figured more SATK would probably work better. DB tree ended up being Ele + Break + SATK Ups.

I still keep a JB tree for fun but I think Bo needs a few more multipliers and some kind of PP management when casting techs.