Page 13 of 413 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    Seems that all Jet Boots have S-Atk, rather than only some.
    What was explicitly stated, but other than that, what makes you come to that conclusion. We haven't seen the stats on any of them.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw the post on Bumped. Still, they already said they were going to have both S and T-atk, they just said that what the S-atk is for would be a surprise.

is there another livestream coming up? I remember they had one showcasing braver in real time before ep2 came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    What was explicitly stated, but other than that, what makes you come to that conclusion. We haven't seen the stats on any of them.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw the post on Bumped. Still, they already said they were going to have both S and T-atk, they just said that what the S-atk is for would be a surprise.
    They said only some Jet Boots would have S-ATK, which was what made this "secret" more puzzling. Evidently, the gameplay use for this S-ATK proved too difficult to work with only some Jet Boots having S-ATK, or the only some part was a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    They said only some Jet Boots would have S-ATK, which was what made this "secret" more puzzling. Evidently, the gameplay use for this S-ATK proved too difficult to work with only some Jet Boots having S-ATK, or the only some part was a lie.
    When did they ever say "some" though? And are you sure it wasn't just a translation thing?

Well it's not like we've seen every pair of shoes ever made; they've only shown the extension stats.

And not even solid proof of such, just a table of values. To be fair it's as official as we've got, but it can (and has) change.

If crafted boots really do have S-Atk, they consider it important enough to the class not to remove it from boots that may have had it from the start once extended. That, or it's a trade off: you either use the weapon as-is without any S-Atk but no damage variance on techs, or you completely ruin your weapon just to get some hybrid action going.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Well it's not like we've seen every pair of shoes ever made; they've only shown the extension stats.

And not even solid proof of such, just a table of values. To be fair it's as official as we've got, but it can (and has) change.

If crafted boots really do have S-Atk, they consider it important enough to the class not to remove it from boots that may have had it from the start once extended. That, or it's a trade off: you either use the weapon as-is without any S-Atk but no damage variance on techs, or you completely ruin your weapon just to get some hybrid action going.
    But the extension stats are meant to be the norm. Like I won't be surprised if there are some boots that have different stat distributions from average, but I'm pretty sure having both stats is going to be what's "normal" for the boots. Like how having higher s-atk than t-atk is normal for wands, but there are some that have different ratios.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    When did they ever say "some" though? And are you sure it wasn't just a translation thing?
    I'm as sure as I am that they said Te/Bo would be best for Jet Boots, and not Bo/Te. Since nobody has ever actually posted any of the actual relevant Japanese to quote or even cited a source, the best I've been able to do is commit what I've read to memory after each Nico broadcast. This is obviously unreliable. However, it does not make sense to keep the reason for Jet Boots to have S-ATK a secret if that was an innate property for them. It makes more sense if this is abnormal.

Honestly though, Jet Boots, and by extension, Bouncer, has been surrounded by misleading reports ever since its announcement. With Jet Boots now presumably all having S-ATK, I'm doubtful that they even use T-ATK for their non-tech attacks now, and that was one of the biggest certainties provided. I'm about ready to just give up and wait until it actually comes out so that there isn't any need for speculation, unreliable reports, and vague details from Sega.

If jet boot PAs scale off of S-Atk and Striking Damage bonuses then Bouncer is dead to me. Wrap it up as yet another failure of a hybrid class and toss it in the bin until they attempt to fix it months later. I want no part of that.
    PSO2 Trivia:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Wasn't there a skill that switched (or changed) it so that the boots scaled off of S-atk? They might use S-atk for damage requirement, or maybe even go the Dex route. I'm sure they've got bonuses for both stats, like wands having T-atk and S-atk stats.

The new skill Switch Strike will switch jet boots to striking.

Which really isn't much more descriptive than "Strengthens one’s surroundings"

But even if it's exactly what you expect, unless it's an always-on stance like Wand Lovers then the weapon becomes unusable during the cooldown.
    PSO2 Trivia: