Page 23 of 413 FirstFirst ... 13202122232425263373123 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Fighter seems like it would be better then Hunter as a sub, especially with the nerfs the latter is getting.

It offers way more tech damage increases for those who want to use jet boots, and will also offer higher striking damage increases which are beneficial for both weapons.
    Hunter isn't really getting nerfed that badly though. Fighter's getting a nerf too.

You're calling a nerf on Chase Advance a nerf to FI? You seem to forgot the other changes being made.

Improved brave/wise stance, improved stance system in general, new skill to pick up the slack that doesn't depend on RNG SE and that apply to boss. And even if suddenly boss are now eligible one way or the other to Chase, I would call that a good tradeoff.
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

Hu and Fi are going to be neck and neck imo, at least until they release more information about bouncer. In terms of ease of use, Hu will always win because its multipliers just require you to press your win stance, and you'd be able to ignore non-support techs and still do good damage with tiwn blades/strike boots (?). Hu will also be getting iron will as a safety net come ep3..

Ship 2 - Player ID: Faust
    Ashbell HUFIdewman - フランブローズ FOFIcaseal - GALE GUHUmarl

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmind View Post
    You're calling a nerf on Chase Advance a nerf to FI? You seem to forgot the other changes being made.

Improved brave/wise stance, improved stance system in general, new skill to pick up the slack that doesn't depend on RNG SE and that apply to boss. And even if suddenly boss are now eligible one way or the other to Chase, I would call that a good tradeoff.
    It doesn't matter what other changes they're making. A nerf is still a nerf. It's going to bring down Fighter's maximum damage potential by a lot. Tech Arts JA Bonus might be able to make up for it somewhat, but it's going to be a big hassle having to constantly alternate photon blasts or techs, and having to do that will bring down overall DPS.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    It doesn't matter what other changes they're making.
    Yes, it does. That's how balance works.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post

Damn, why don't I work for Sega?
    Intelligence limit, you want to fix the game instead of make money, and you're too smart.
    Last edited by Nitro Vordex; Aug 14, 2014 at 05:47 PM.

Chase Advance was never that great; it was only good against mini bosses, and even those died pretty fast with wb.

Limit Break along with Deadline Slayer and buffed stances might just make FI a bit too strong, I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    Yes, it does. That's how balance works.
    No, it doesn't, as I was responding specifically to your "You're calling a nerf on Chase Advance a nerf to FI?" question. A nerf is a nerf, regardless of what other changes they're making.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    No, it doesn't, as I was responding specifically to your "You're calling a nerf on Chase Advance a nerf to FI?" question. A nerf is a nerf, regardless of what other changes they're making.
    Saying that "fighter is being nerfed," while literally true in regards to one of the class's skills being reduced, is a misleading statement and you know it. Saying that something is being nerfed, without any extra information brought up, suggests there is a net loss in performance after all other factors have been included.

They can nerf Chase Advance and buff all the other skills all they want. I don't see a reason to skill it until it becomes useful reliable.
    Fi wasn't nerfed it was just rebalanced.
    Fighters max damage output is high. The problem is that Fighters min damage is pretty low and now the gap between min and max is significantly smaller. It's like comparing a crafted weapon with a uncrafted one.
    Although I can imagine Fighter being the better sub for T-Atk based classes since the class has more T-Atk than Hunter and has the Tech Arts JA bonus skill.

wish they'd bring out more info so i'd know which class to work on for sub for BO for new char...

although from your recent post seem like HU and Fi are the main too.....

Hope boots can actually used S-Atk oriented
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89