Page 308 of 413 FirstFirst ... 208258298305306307308309310311318358408 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 4123

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    Actually, you never said that. I just went back and looked through the last five pages of this thread, and you said no such thing. This is the first time you've commented on DPS numbers from the JP wiki in this conversation with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    the lower ATK that JBs have compared to DBs
    I'm done.

I could present similar numbers showing higher DPS numbers for jet boots
    Go ahead and beat the dps then. It's the only way you're going to prove it.

the lower ATK that JBs have compared to DBs
    That quote wasn't talking specifcally about DPS numbers from the JP wiki, or if it was, you didn't make it clear. Furthermore, you said nothing about skill multipliers, damage types, or damage formulas. So I say again: you never said that. Besides, the ATK difference isn't that huge anyway. Ofstia DBs have 1582 S-ATK, and Ofstia JBs have 1488 S-ATK and 1503 T-ATK. That's a difference of 5-6%, which isn't enough to outweigh the DPS difference between the various attack combos that I detailed in my post. That difference is also made smaller when you consider total ATK (i.e. extra ATK from your base stats, mag, affixes, etc.).

I'm done.
    Yeah, okay. So you can't prove anything and have no arguments at all. Got it.

I should be saying the same thing to you. I came here with supporting arguments and calculations, and you contributed a hostile attitude, dismissive remarks, and no arguments. There's no point talking to you. As far as I can tell, you're just closed minded and aren't willing to accept that you could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunga View Post
    Go ahead and beat the dps then. It's the only way you're going to prove it.
    I could do that, and I have. Like I said, I play with ACT on all the time, so I'm always seeing my own damage numbers. I see how jet boots compare to dual blades every time I play. I see how my damage compares to other players every time I play. I've performed the calculations and shown them here, and haven't yet received any real argument against them other than "b-but the techs might be slightly off!" even when most of it had nothing to do with techs.

I say again that posting some random numbers means nothing, especially without a video showing how that damage was achieved. I'll consider doing it next time I log in, but it's quite a lot of trouble you're asking me to go to and I don't quite understand why I have to prove it to you further anyway. I was just trying to help you guys play the Bouncer class better, and I'm met with heavy resistance and closed mindedness without any real discussion. I mean, do you not believe the calculations I gave? If there's something wrong with them, then please go ahead and point out what's wrong.

I also want to point out that I never said jet boots are better than dual blades. I'm not here to say that jet boots are king and dual blades suck. From the very start, I've said that jet boots aren't bad for bossing and that Bouncers should use both weapons (switching between them as the skills go on cooldown). It is those two points that I have been arguing. I never denied that PBF is great for boss killing (it does good DPS, is braindead easy to use, is a ranged attack, and costs no PP - the benefits are obvious). What I denied is that jet boots are bad for boss killing, and I showed that with calculations that show jet boots offering similar DPS to PBF. Obviously, the skill requirement is a lot higher due to Vinto combos being more complex and requiring melee range, and that might be why you're having trouble with it - but if you can meet the skill requirement, the DPS is there.

Edit: I also want to add that, weren't we originally talking about long boss EQs and Magatsu? Your test was on a Blu Ringahda that took a mere 20 seconds to kill. Magatsu takes longer to kill - long enough to utilise both weapons as the skills go on cooldown. It's also a very easy target, has no issues with getting into melee range, no issues with aiming. This makes Vinto combos effortless to pull off. Jet boots also have the benefit of good air mobility here. Dual blades suffer a bit because Immortal Dove grounds you, making Immortal+PBF less practical when the platforms aren't up.
    Last edited by Rayden; Feb 3, 2016 at 08:17 PM.

Ok someone help me here: What does a Bo/Hu do after Ragrants/Ilbarta/Gifoie/Gimegid/etc sets the element to get the 2nd half of the Gear gauge? Including charged (and level of charge) or uncharged, Shift or no Shift
    Last edited by Selphea; Feb 3, 2016 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    Ok someone help me here: What does a Bo/Hu do after Ragrants/Ilbarta/Gifoie/Gimegid/etc sets the element to get the 2nd half of the Gear gauge? Including charged (and level of charge) or uncharged, Shift or no Shift
    From the little time I played with Boots a while back, I would charge a tech with the gear boost Boots and then instantly swap to whatever my main Boots were which would let me Vinto with full gear. Wouldn't even let go of the charge because it did horrible damage as Bo/Hu and it would disappear on weapon swap anyway. I don't have any experience without the gear boost Boots so I can't comment on that.

Has already been mentioned here but it absolutely destroys your PP.

But but those finger acrobatics and random weapon swap lag ;_;

Just going to point out that I really fucking hate it when people do this.

I'm not sure if you're referring to my comment or his. If you're referring to his, then I agree with you. If you're referring to mine, then I'm not sure what to say. Like I already said, I wrote up a lot of stuff and took the time to calculate things and argue my side, and he didn't give any counter-arguments and just said he's done after being hostile, so there's nothing more to discuss.

It's either drop out after getting tired of your narrow-minded attitude or have a repeat of the stuff that's gone on in the Techer thread. There isn't anything to accomplish by arguing with you, so I'm going for the former. Anyone with a lick of common sense knows that only a small number of people actually have working knowledge of the game (which includes neither of us), so there's no reason to bother.

btw Bouncer really is one of the worse classes in the game.
    mains bouncer, hears quote. "bouncer one of the worst classes in the game"?

/dies internally

i am sad.

so is katana braver better/higher dps than dual blades bouncer then? :v