Page 365 of 413 FirstFirst ... 265315355362363364365366367368375 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 4123

How does L/DB Snatch work? Does it make enemies flinch? And how is the damage compared to a normal attack?

And does L/JB Elemental Keep not working if I use the weapon action while moving? The description says something about standing still.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    How does L/DB Snatch work? Does it make enemies flinch? And how is the damage compared to a normal attack?

And does L/JB Elemental Keep not working if I use the weapon action while moving? The description says something about standing still.
    As far as DB Snatch is concerned, you can do this with it. At +20, DB Snatch deals 1800% of your normal attack damage on hit when you ram into an enemy with Weapon Action. No word on stagger, though.
    Last edited by Altiea; Mar 30, 2017 at 09:58 AM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Basically, it disables losing your element when doing the action that triggers Elemental Burst. By standing still, it essentially just means when the weapon action is not chained from other attacks.

Thanks, but that means if I do normal attack > weapon action the element is reset?
    Also, 1800% normal attack damage, that's about the damage of a decent pa.

Thanks, but that means if I do normal attack > weapon action the element is reset?
    Also, 1800% normal attack damage, that's about the damage of a decent pa.
    Branched Actions never reset Element unless it's Vinto. Vinto still resets element, which is why the Ring sucks. The Ring just prevents you from losing Element if you use your Weapon Action to do the fancy flip.
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Ah thanks. But that is exactly what I want, because with my setup I sometimes do it accidentally.
    Vinto resetting the element shouldn't that big of a deal or? I mean you have to fill gear with charged techs anyway.

Ah thanks. But that is exactly what I want, because with my setup I sometimes do it accidentally.
    Vinto resetting the element shouldn't that big of a deal or? I mean you have to fill gear with charged techs anyway.
    Some people would rather use on-element Boots and fill Gear with Strike Gust because it sustains DPS. Charge to ele change, regardless of how short the cast time is, is still a loss in DPS. This is why Vinto rotations lose DPS on off-ele Boots, because you need to spend time changing element. Short Charge helps, but it's better if you're on-element in the first place.

I see, I mainly use dbs.
    Though, what's short charge?

I see, I mainly use dbs.
    Though, what's short charge?
    L/JB Tech Arts SC. Or, Jet Boots Tech Arts Short Charge. Chain any Boots PA to a Technique and the charge time is halved. Combine with a Craft that reduces Charge Time, and you basically get insta-cast Techniques. It makes off-element Vinto rotations a hell of a lot faster. Fire Weak content can also be combined with R/Flame TS Charge for -75% Charge Time. Have all the insta-cast Ilfoies you want.

EDIT: For Fire Weak content only, you could try a really stupid FO/TE Plasis Arion build that takes advantage of this combination. JBTASC + Flame Tech Short Charge + Charge Time reduction Craft = .55sec Ilfoie charge time. You can turn Ilfoie into an actual DPS Tech.
    Last edited by Altiea; Apr 1, 2017 at 02:54 PM.

Can't use Flame Tech ring as a Force, just like you can't use MH Ring as a Hunter.

Edit: Unless you meant the actual force skill, in which case, bleh. 200 posts or so ago, wasn't worth.
    Last edited by Dephinix; Apr 1, 2017 at 08:02 PM.