Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

You could y'know.. just tell them that the maintenance won't be punishing anyone, instead of flaming and complaining about it over and over again? The saltyness here is unnecessary.

There needs to be a sticky. Or an updated FAQ. It saves people who regular the hassle of explaining.

Explaining what, exactly? Any rationale behind the events following the DDoS were just guesswork with explanations of various degrees of plausibility behind it. News about Comcast blocking you from playing PSO2 plastered all over the tweaker, regardless if you even heard of that ISP, is my favorite example of this.

And yet, any time someone posts anything related to IP blocks or bans, it's met with "Hurr, you can't prove it, so I'm right". Which is fine and all, but doesn't really look like a statement competent enough to warrant a sticky. Especially after the idea that lack of a precedent for an IP block meant that it will never happen worked so well. ...Three times over two years.

Also, maintenances related to Sega IDs are not exactly very common, to my knowledge. Of course, I do remember them happening a few times. For example, when RMT was a huge issue, before China got blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    This worries me too. Although it could be a case of them finishing what they started with the whole connection issues, but...
    If you mean that they're going to fix our connection issues at last, then it's very unlikely. The issue has been officially resolved already, and, obviously, had nothing to do with what we're experiencing in the first place. Besides, Sega IDs have no relation to your connection to servers (you can still connect if you're banned, and you can be blocked from access to servers with your ID intact), so the only thing that they may do about it is whitelist the IPs used to connect to PSO2. However, they are just as likely to just ban anyone who never logged in from something that resembles a Japanese range.

My guess is that they are going to put the same IP block on their SEGA ID servers, since, currently, I can still log in there, even though there's no entry to player's site and the game itself. Or maybe they'll enforce the rule about using multiple accounts that was added to ToS five months ago. ...Or it may just be a regular server maintenance, since, apparently, you need to go out of your way to mention that to not immediately get branded as a madman by those who never overreact to things.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    Or maybe they'll enforce the rule about using multiple accounts that was added to ToS five months ago.
    Well, I guess it could be worse--

Wait. What? Seriously?

looks like I was wrong about the time (me doing time zone conversions in my head isn't a good idea). The ID maintenance starts about 6 hours from now.

I'm not even going to be awake at that time so I'm good.

*reads thread*
    ...okay.
    For those of you who are worrying over being banned or whatever, wait until it actually happens, that is if it ever does happen. Then you can worry. Unless it actually happens, relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Maronji View Post
    Well, I guess it could be worse--

Wait. What? Seriously?
    They updated the ToS in March, yeah. IIRC, most of it was just changed wording, but it did include a clause that prohibited playing using multiple accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by doomdragon83 View Post
    *reads thread*
    ...okay.
    For those of you who are worrying over being banned or whatever, wait until it actually happens, that is if it ever does happen. Then you can worry. Unless it actually happens, relax.
    worry
    verb /ˈwʌri/
    BE ANXIOUS [I]
    to think about problems or unpleasant things that might happen in a way that makes you feel anxious

Sems like worrying about something that already happened is a wrong way to do it. Or do you just have something against thinking ahead?

If anyone is wondering; you can indeed switch between characters. As long at you don't go back to the title screen everything should be A-OK.

Wonder why they didn't just do this during the Tuesday maintenance? No big deal for me since I'm at work and the services will be back after souper, but still, seems weird to have 2 days of maintenance back to back instead of just 1 day.

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Wonder why they didn't just do this during the Tuesday maintenance? No big deal for me since I'm at work and the services will be back after souper, but still, seems weird to have 2 days of maintenance back to back instead of just 1 day.
    Well, it's SEGA ID maintenance, so it affects all services of SEGA of Japan, not just PSO2.

Hey so PSO2es won't work either? because i tried to install it and when i try to log in i get error 200, i read somewhere that it is the code error for wrong info (id/password) but i am sure of my input :/.