Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Didn't Fantasy Earth Zero flop? ._.
    Unfortunately. As dated as it was, I rather enjoyed it (saboteurs notwithstanding), but I guess it just didn't have enough of a following, even after we got one of the two classes we were missing.

Cesedria best nation.

Don't listen to Yelsord's lies.

Sadly it did but it was great when it was around. Did wish to see it again. FEZ HK shut down not to long ago so it makes FEZ JP the last man standing.
    Last edited by yoshiblue; Aug 6, 2014 at 12:49 AM.

I still think a successful western release is possible, I still see a lot of people who have not played since the DC pso giving their thoughts about the game in different forums, Phantasy Star Online still has a name in the age range of people who actually spend money in games, Sega only needs to make it right, launch it on steam, flood steam main page like they do with Total War, and give a good first impression to everyone who tries, which is not hard, and then update regularly, they have it easy in that part, everything is already done in the JP server, put more steam front page for each update, at least the first ones, keep doing this every other few months, and voilą.

The part about updating regularly of course needs good synchro between east and west, and that's why I still hope Sega west releases the game, and not a third party, although we have seen in the past how Sega JP didn't give a shit about PSU western updates, let's hope this can be improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Skize View Post
    Pretty much, we won't see PSO2 anywhere in NA/EU. It's been YEARS people. It's honestly, time to move on. Also, I wouldn't count on Sega anymore at all. At the pace they're going, I'm expecting them to go bankrupt sooner or later. Why? Not just cause of the lack luster list of games coming out, but since they make horrible business decisions.
    Take Valkyria Chronicles for example. The first one for the PS3 was GREAT. They made a TON of money for a first game of a new series. Then some idiot decided to make it a PSP game with a lot of toned down graphics, etc. Not only did it flop world wide, but importantly, it was a pretty big flop in Japan as well compared to the first VC. So instead of investing some good money in the series again, they released the 3rd VC game for the PSP again, but only for Japan cause the damage was done.
    Sega does this quite often. They produce a gem, and instead of making it into a shining, sparkling gem, they tarnish it. PSO2 won't be here, because Sega downright is stupid, and the window of opportunity is already gone. Even if PSO was released worldwide, there's too many new games coming out this fall. Too much competition, and only a niche group of people would play. Heck even a smaller group of niche people would even think about quitting the JP server.
    A) gonna happen
    B) not gonna happen
    No one expected releases outside of JP and then we got SEA. Well, they got SEA. It may take a long time but I am pretty sure PSO2 will come to the west as well. Though tbh I'd rather continue playing on the jp servers like this.
    Wouldn't wanna have start from scratch with lvl 40 cap and no braver (or Bouncer) and other regions are always far behind in content anyway (like PSOBB).

And SEGA cannot even go bankrupt with a game like PSO2.
    The only thing that could happen is a drastic downsizing of the other departments / teams in favor of the one team still making a big profit.

I still say people need to be more vocal they want the game. this site not so much. Most people here seem to either scoff at a NA release and prefer to stay on the jp servers for lazyness to rework to get everything, or they just do not think sega cares and have given up on asking. Hell if miku fans had the enthusim we do I doubt sega would have bothered to bring both her console games stateside like they are.
    Meta77 and Melissa- The Ultimate dream team *in any game* aka cheesy duck and icecream bunny.
    Meta77-Level 150 FF: Human/M
    Metal Meta77-Level 150MG: Cast/M
    Neo Meta77-Level 149 MT: Newman/M
    Kasumi77-Level 64 F: Cast/F

Not sure what you expect... the vocal people don't know who they ahve to be vocal to! SegaNA says it's Sega JPN, Sega JPN says eff all.. people make petitions, send them to both, they get nothing but laughed at by the fan community...They've tried that like 3-4 times now I think...
    yeahh..

a pention with 200 fans means noting. And so what. Again i state they fucking brought a miku game stateside and they are bringing the second why? Because fan demand. They show support. Even on the japanese videos uploaded its filled with comments to support. They dont give up but they make sure the numbers they have are a great show of support. Not just a few sigs here and here and sent to the comapny. People have to continue to show support of this. PSOw though has a rep though online for being this way though.
    Meta77 and Melissa- The Ultimate dream team *in any game* aka cheesy duck and icecream bunny.
    Meta77-Level 150 FF: Human/M
    Metal Meta77-Level 150MG: Cast/M
    Neo Meta77-Level 149 MT: Newman/M
    Kasumi77-Level 64 F: Cast/F

Quote Originally Posted by Meta77 View Post
    a pention with 200 fans means noting. And so what. Again i state they fucking brought a miku game stateside and they are bringing the second why? Because fan demand. They show support. Even on the japanese videos uploaded its filled with comments to support. They dont give up but they make sure the numbers they have are a great show of support. Not just a few sigs here and here and sent to the comapny. People have to continue to show support of this. PSOw though has a rep though online for being this way though.
    To be fair, Miku is very popular outside of Japan even without the games. Plus, the PSP was dying in NA when the first game was released in Japan, I understand why they didn't bother.