Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

What do you think?

We've been at "it's probably not gonna happen" for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    That being said, SoA is to blame for the massive money sink that was the saturn (and I think the SCD and 32X? I dont know how well those did in Japan.)
    Actually SoA was very much against the whole crazy early launch of the Saturn in the west, SoJ basically forced their hand.

The reason is simple.
    Sega doesn't think they can make enough profit to make it worthwhile yet.
    Why is beyond me considering popularity of earlier Phantasy Star games and Sega's own popularity and the success PSO2 has where it is already released.
    Someone high up is apparently sleeping.

Not a surprise. They've suffered a lot of losses due to a total lack of inner-company communication, and a total lack of even filtered input from fans. Not due to the fans, but due to the total lack of accepting foreign consumer (and Western branch) input.

And then Colonial Marines happened. Probably a rather large and expensive reason for a very timid Western release schedule, this year.

Someone high up is not only sleeping, but has been for many years. Probably taking the same stuff and eventually shared it with the same higher-ups at Capcom that made some of their business decisions for the last few years.

SEGA's shrinking business is following the same blueprint that happened to Commodore, a good number of years ago. And I thought that history would've served as a permanent example for which every video entertainment division should have full knowledge of.

They may not suffer the same fate, but at this rate, they're facing the idea of simply diminishing into a local company instead of an international one. The new Aliens game better not suck, because if it tanks or furthers the bad Alien franchise reputation, Sega will probably do like they always do and blame the market and not the quality or execution of such game or support. Thus, they'll really pull out. They do have Atlus. *crosses fingers Atlus gets to remain Atlus because they have such an open ear policy with their customers*
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Aug 5, 2014 at 05:43 AM.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Quote Originally Posted by Anon_Fire View Post
    So, does this all mean we may never see PSO2 in NA/EU?
    We will, its just a matter of when.

the thing is:

a f2p game needs a big player base to make profit, so why limit the game to 1 country...
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin View Post
    OP no one gives a flying fuck about pso2 outside of Japan so seriously just stop and we all kniw you're still angry at sega for banning you.
    I'm not banned I and still play without a proxy or any of program like ping zapper, my ISP got unblocked about a week after the Japanese players were are to get back in. You failed in your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxedrane View Post
    You should have a mirror list with NOTHING filtered(But phone only apps) Because like another post said "what does this show, sega isn't releasing as much games?"
    But the goal WAS to show that SEGA is not releasing much outside of Japan minus Sonic games, ports of old games, emulated games and smart phone stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Sadly, any sega fan has been seeing the full picture for a long time, Sega west is at minimum risk, and that means: Football Manager, Total War, Sonic, Alien, Company of Heroes and mobile. Miku is an inexpensive experiment that worked (no translated lyrics for example), and franlky, I hope the sequel works as well, and they also announced the release of the last DS Miku game.

This week a lot of fans are sending letters to Sega America, Europe and Japan asking for the localization of Yakuza 5, the fanbase is really desperate at the moment.
    I'll fix the list, thanks. As for Sonic Boom, I won't add it due the the filter rules I added.
    Last edited by the_importer_; Aug 5, 2014 at 09:37 AM.

Samurai & Dragons is Japan only. It's a F2P game and actually just shut down on July 31 after only being around for like 2 years, apparently to focus on their other F2P game on Vita, yay F2P!!! Also just found out there was an english site made for the game, even though it never came out here and never will http://samurai-and-dragons.com/
    A sign for PSO2?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanoid View Post
    Samurai & Dragons is Japan only. It's a F2P game and actually just shut down on July 31 after only being around for like 2 years, apparently to focus on their other F2P game on Vita, yay F2P!!! Also just found out there was an english site made for the game, even though it never came out here and never will http://samurai-and-dragons.com/
    A sign for PSO2?
    Thanks for info, I corrected the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    the thing is:

a f2p game needs a big player base to make profit, so why limit the game to 1 country...
    F2P means big initial costs, make people like the game to actually make any kind of profit, the more players, the more costs.

If SEGA is in a general recession with other stuff they may think opening PSO2 for another area is too risky at the moment.
    Then again, if PSO2 is consistently one of the best profit makers, I really don#t get why they haven't really capitalized on that.