Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Don't think it's a good idea to share that site, as they are asking for funding to make a private server of PSO2, and I believe that's against the forum rule.
    Ah, I forgot about that part. Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcmc1974 View Post
    *Keeps forgetting to join team because keep forgetting to use alternate SEGA IDs*

Wouldn't that also be making a profit off of SEGA's property and allow them to kick the door down on us foreign players and legitimately ban us?
    It's not likely. However there's a HUGE possibility of a cease and desist as soon as Sega finds out about this.

It's one thing to ignore PSO and possible PSU private servers, since they're games that Sega can't profit from anymore, now PSO2 on the other hand, is still a possibility on the west(highly unlikely but still) so they've got to protect their game.

(not to piss on the idea, I would absolutely love a custom server and would join on the spot)

Quote Originally Posted by Edson Drake View Post
    It's not likely. However there's a HUGE possibility of a cease and desist as soon as Sega finds out about this.

It's one thing to ignore PSO and possible PSU private servers, since they're games that Sega can't profit from anymore, now PSO2 on the other hand, is still a possibility on the west(highly unlikely but still) so they've got to protect their game.

(not to piss on the idea, I would absolutely love a custom server and would join on the spot)
    I find it amusing that a pack of gajins and co are a more competent team of translators than Sega can muster on it's own. I kinda wish someone would put up a private server if only to make a point to Sega "If you don't support us, we'll support ourselves."

At the very least it'd make a good kotaku article.
    Don't judge a manga by its anime

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derpington View Post
    Because there are a bunch of foreign ISPs that you can't connect to the game with cause reasons and people don't want to put in the effort to jump through more hoops.
    Or they are traveling with internet access, but their internet comes from ISPs at the places they are staying. That puts a major hamper on those "get around" methods.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Ship 2 still has plenty of western gamers. The post-DDoS snafu has been dealt with thanks to the Amazon AWS/Proxycap method.

LOL B20 lobby trash removed? And yet people still fail TD EQs. How ironic XD

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    LOL B20 lobby trash removed? And yet people still fail TD EQs. How ironic XD
    Actually lots of them are coming back to the game and repopulate the said block.

in my experience the english speaking player base is more mixed into the general population now then it was before the isp troubles i frequently run into English speakers in almost every MPA when in the appropriate blocks on ship 2 by the way

After now playing for about 70+ hours, I've realized that there are quite a lot of English speaking players left. Typically I'll look for the English names during party search and when typing in English when looking for an EQ party, I usually get picked up quite fast meaning there's lots of English players left to read my message or Japanese players just know what "LFG VH EQ" means (I'm willing to bet they do). But regardless, there's plenty of English players left from what I can tell. Typically only 250+ on the proxy at any one time but I have a feeling that's not ALL English speaking players.

But anyway. All English players I've played with are very nice and often ends in adding them to friends before parting ways.

If I've run across anyone recently with the player ID of 11011990 or character name M3phisto (all hail the supreme race of Cast!), let me know .

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    You can always use CyberKitsune's proxy to play, it's ridiculously easy to set up.
    All of my this. It's definitely easy to set up, and you get an additional feature of talking with other people who use the proxy, so you can set up runs like that, even if you're not in a team.

But yeah. The population took a hit, but it's still thriving, thanks to various methods of flipping the bird to Segac's lethargy of completely fixing the routing problems. I still avoid b20 like the plague, even if it's hardly populated to this day.
    Ship 02