Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm not convinced it was depression. Yeah, he fought bouts of it all his life, but he was also getting help for it and for his addiction problems. When I first heard about how he died, my mind snapped to George Carlin's bit on auto-erotic asphyxiation, and then I felt kind of bad and put it aside. But after hearing details of the scene on NPR today... yeah, that's pretty much what it's sounding like. He was found sitting on the floor with his belt around his neck. That's a classic choke & stroke position. It doesn't matter how resolute you are to kill yourself, your body is going to kick and write and try to get air once it's been cut off. This is why most people who kill themselves in this manner hang from a high object where they can't leverage their body to get air and back out of it. The opposite is true of auto-erotic asphyxiation, where you're wanting to bring yourself right to the brink, and then back off... so you'd want to favor positions where you can loosen the choke either intentionally, or automatically when you pass out. Sometimes it doesn't work as planned though. And given his history with drugs, I kind of wonder if he wasn't addicted to getting off under mind-altered states, and this was used as a substitute avenue for that given his avoidance of drugs due to the aforementioned rehab. Plus, I don't think there was a suicide note or final goodbye on the scene.

Anyhow, RIP I guess. He wasn't the worst actor. Dare I say, when his crazy manic antics didn't make me want to tear my eye's out and shove them in my ears, he could actually be a pretty decent actor.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Aug 12, 2014 at 10:33 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

I loved him too. I'm going to miss him eveything he pushed out was wonderful and he inspired so many people. It's very sad to see him go in this way.
    100% Embarrassed of my Past | Lab Rat | PSU Offline | PSO Ultima

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    Plus, I don't think there was a suicide note or final goodbye on the scene.
    Yeah, without knowing anything else I found the lack of a note, or at least the announcement of a note, very strange if it was an intentional suicide.

A great comedian & actor lost - RIP.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

I saw the headlines pop up about him dead and I was like O.o Whaaaa well aint that some shit yo. Well least the guy isnt hurting anymore and he's not exactly dead as long as he is remembered :3 The guy is a legend he's pretty much immortal xD

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Yeah, without knowing anything else I found the lack of a note, or at least the announcement of a note, very strange if it was an intentional suicide.
    I don't mean to be that guy but how does lack of a suicide note rule out suicide?
    As a front seat passenger, never put your feet up on the dashboard.
    If the airbag deploys, your legs will break. Then, your broken legs will hit you in the face.

Ship 2, Eris

Quote Originally Posted by xcanox View Post
    I don't mean to be that guy but how does lack of a suicide note rule out suicide?
    It doesn't mean anything people who leave suicide notes are the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by xcanox View Post
    Where did I say that? Where did I even imply that?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Where did I say that? Where did I even imply that?
    If someone were to say that line out loud, I'm sure someone would follow with something like, "If? What do you mean if?" Not that you were outright saying it, or even implying it, but I can see where confusion would be.

Key word:
    If it was an intentional suicide.
    I don't have all the facts and I don't pretend to. I don't know if it was an intentional suicide, an accidental suicide, or a suicide at all. I don't know if it was due to mental issues, health issues, social issues, financial issues, or what. I don't pretend to. I wasn't there. I haven't seen pictures of the scene. I haven't read reports. I'm not an expert on suicide. All I know is what's been publicly released, and I won't pretend to know more.

Therefor, I phrase statements to be open to possibilities that I cannot say aren't the case. If that confuses anyone then honestly, that's very concerning.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Aug 14, 2014 at 05:41 PM.